Chapter 13

Mr. Jetson was having a very bad day, probably one of the worst that he had ever had in his life. And now his wife was staring at him, and he would have to tell her the secret that he had been dreading to tell her all his life. But first, something more important.

“We have to go.” Mr. Jetson nearly spat the words out; he was so worried.

“What?” Mrs. Jetson was staring at him curiously, like she didn’t understand what he had just said. Mr. Jetson did not blame her. If he were in her position, he would probably be doing the same thing that she was doing. Still, they had to leave immediately.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, pushing it back from his forehead. “Just please stay in my office. I have to make a call.”

Mrs. Jetson nodded and obediently sat down in a chair. Mr. Jetson made the phone call.

Mrs. Jetson was watching her husband carefully. It was clear to her that he was about to snap, and she did not want to help him snap in any sort of way. She knew that he would not make her stay in his office unless something was horribly wrong, but as far as Mrs. Jetson knew, nothing was horribly wrong.

Mr. Jetson quickly hung up the phone. Mrs. Jetson knew that the conversation could not have lasted more than a few minutes, if even that. “What- What is wrong?” She choked out, staring at her husband’s frantic movements.

“We have to go!” He cried grabbing her arm and pulling her out of his office, almost at a run.

Mrs. Jetson felt herself being pulled after him, even as she attempted to keep her feet planted still. She wanted to know what was wrong, but knew that in order to find that out, she would just have to wait. So that is what she did.

Mrs. Jetson kept silent as Mr. Jetson pulled her up the stairs. She was still silent as he dragged her into their master bedroom- even though her arm was beginning to feel as though it might fall off. She remained silent as Mr. Jetson pushed away the big dresser against the wall across from the bed.

Mrs. Jetson could not, however, manage to keep silent when she saw what lay behind the dresser, nor could she hide the small gasp that fell from her lips. Mr. Jetson looked at her ruefully, as though he were dreading what would happen next.

Luckily, he had rendered Mrs. Jetson speechless for the moment.

For behind the dresser lay a passage. It was a passage that Mrs. Jetson had never known about, and would have been glad to live the rest of her life without knowing about.

Her shocked eyes quickly found Mr. Jetson’s own calm eyes, and she opened her mouth to speak. Someone else beat her to it.

“Mr. and Mrs. Jetson, I order you to leave your house immediately.”

Vesper knew that Lavinia was mad at Aliyah, and she didn’t blame her either. She figured that if she were in the same place as Lavinia, she would be mad too.