Chapter 10

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Domini wanted to leave that room. She wanted to go outside. But she still did not know if it was safe to, if people would be okay with her leaving the room. In the Lab, she had not even been able to see the door. Here, the door was in plain sight but she wasn’t sure if they were just tempting her, or she was actually free to go.

A slight knock reached Domini’s ears. After a moment, another knock came. She then realized that whoever was on the other side wanted her to let them enter. Confused, Domini called out, “Enter,” in a soft voice, hoping she was doing the right thing. If she wasn’t, Domini did not even want to consider the consequences of what would happen.

“You dare to tell me to enter my own room!” A male’s voice ground out; he was obviously irritated. Domini cowered back into the farthest corner of the bed. The door was pushed away and the man saw her face, which now held a look of pure terror on it. Domini was literally shaking; tremors vibrated up and down her hands.

And then she fainted, head falling back against the pillow with a soft thump.

Lab Assistant 217 was finally walking out of the horrid room. The shudders that were running up and down the length of her spine were practically visible; it was really that bad. She knew one thing for certain though: Never again would she walk into that room. Even walking into another room such as that would destroy her- permanently.

“Are you alright?” As usual, the Boss had noticed everything about her the second she had exited the doors. Her arms were rubbing the ones opposite to them. The Boss could not guess what had happened within, only that it would not be easy for her to tell him or anybody else what had happened. Immediately, he regretted his decision to bring her along.

Not only was she one of the best workers in the lab, she was also one of the Boss’ only, if any, friends. He did not want to lose her, but could not lose the feeling that it was already too late to worry about that particular thought.

The ride back to the lab was astonishingly silent. The only words that had left Vasperilia’s mouth were to say that they did not need to speak to him. She was silent, and the Boss chose not to start the conversation. He knew that she would speak to him when she was comfortable with stating what had happened within that room.

He also knew that if he pressed her too hard she would never want to speak to him again. Already, the Boss was unsure of whether or not she was mad at him. If he had not asked her to come with him they would not be in this situation. No one else could be blamed if she decided to not talk to him; not even her. Only him.

Mr. Jetson was pacing the width of his office. He felt that, at any given moment, he was going to dig a trench in the floor and fall through. Knowing that it would not happen because he was indoors was the only reason that his pacing continued unperturbed.

He was trying to decide the best way to tell Mrs. Jetson what was wrong. She needed to know. It wasn’t just their lives and marriage in jeopardy; it was of so many other people. They all depended on Mr. and Mrs. Jetson performing their task perfectly. The only problem: Mrs. Jetson did not know of their part in the whole scheme of things. The phone went off then, and Mr. Jetson was glad of the distraction from his ever changing thoughts.

There was only one question spoken before the line went dead. “Have you told her yet?”

Mr. Jetson internally groaned. The last thing that he needed was to be reminded of the monstrous task that he had awaiting him. Mainly, he was not so worried that Mrs. Jetson would not take the news well; he was worried of what she would say when she found out that he had withheld this information from her for so long. Mrs. Jetson hated being left out of the loop on anything, especially things important like this.

They were important and Mrs. Jetson needed to know that before she messed anything up and ruined them all- forever.

Mrs. Jetson could hear odd noises coming from within Mr. Jetson’s office. It did not even bother her this time; she was far too used to it. There was something very wrong and Mrs. Jetson wanted to know what was up with him. He had never been this upset in years. Actually, Mrs. Jetson was not sure if she had ever seen Mr. Jetson like this- pacing, anxious, and barely speaking to her at all!

She took a seat at the kitchen table, resting her head next to the flower pot in the center of it. Her thoughts were swirling around in her head; she was trying to stop the headache that she knew was going to form soon. Headaches were not fun things to have, and Mrs. Jetson’s were even worse than the normal ones- which were pretty bad in and of themselves.

The worst part was that she was not even supposed to get headaches anymore- nobody was. Mrs. Jetson could not go out to get the headache tablets that she needed. She would have to deal with it for a little while.

Just as Mrs. Jetson was about to get up and go to their bedroom, that really seemed like her own these days, the door to Mr. Jetson’s office opened. She froze where she was, knowing that the moment he saw her he would turn around and go back into his office. He rarely even acknowledged her presence anymore, and today would be no different. You cannot fathom her surprise when he actually spoke to her.

“Honey,” he said softly, trying to make sure that she understood every word. Currently, she was staring up at him, utter shock written across her features. “You need to come inside of my office. We need to talk.”

Those simple words make Mrs. Jetson’s heart flutter. Almost nothing had been said, but it was a start. She could already feel her headache starting to leave her; her head was no longer throbbing like it previously had been. Mrs. Jetson had lost all control of her mouth, so she quietly nodded and stepped into his office, trying not to push her luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to comment/ vote! :D Love you all! Mwah! Mwah!