7. Moving On

Eliza's POV

"Goodbye. Love ya," I said as I hung up the phone. My brothers called to check up on me and see how mother was doing. I missed them. They seemed like they were having fun on their trip. I wished I could've gotten away. 

I walked towards the kitchen and grabbed an apple, water, and an organic cereal bar. I was going through my timeline on Twitter, laughing at Freddy Amazin. He was pretty funny and relatable, which is a method for getting followers. Well, that, and other things. 

"Eliza stop laughing," my mom demanded. I looked at her. She seemed like she was going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I guess the spider in Fairly Odd Parents is real because it crawled up my mother's butt in her sleep. That or my stepfather didn't lay her down. Rolling my eyes I sent back to looking at my tweets. She scoffed and stomped out of the kitchen. 

Having enough with my mother's mood swings, I grabbed my keys and phone and left. Once I arrived at the destination I felt a sense of relief and sadness. As I hopped out the car my eyes were trained on the hauntingly green tree. It was a sunny day. Deep sky blue with dense, fluffy clouds. The tree was swaying back and forth dancing with the wind. I walked towards it following the gray gravel road. I saw Kai there talking to his ex again. When he looked at me. It hurt. 

When I reached the tree I touched its rough trunk. It felt like how I feel inside. I tore a piece of the bark and held it in my fist. I closed my eyes breathing in deeply. I saw Kai at the dinner table standing up to his father. When he said "I love you" I wanted to shout for joy. I wanted to say I love you too right then and there. I really did. It wasn't the time, but when I said it back to him while he was laying on me. He cried and laughed. It warmed my heart. I want him to pick me up again. I want to kiss him again. Hold him. I want to eat Nutella brownies or go to McDonald's. I want his friends to be mean to me. I just want to be near him. Hold his hand. I need him to hold me. Squeeze me. I love him. I need to let him go. He deserves better than me. 

His ex-girlfriend was so pretty. She was slim, light. Her hair was wavy, not coily. She could wear cute clothes and not pieces made for fat grannies. He was a basketball player. I lost and gained the same friend. Everyone loves him. People tolerate me. He is fit, I am fat. I am self-destructive. I will only hurt him and myself again.

When I heard footsteps coming towards me I opened my eyes. It was Kai. He made eye contact with me and halted midway through his stride. Eyes flowing with confusion. Kai was having an inner battle. I was too. Finally making up his mind, he continued to come towards the tree.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned low-key happy to see him.

"I come here quite a lot since we broke up," he responded with his hand in his pants. He sat down beside me a foot or so of space between us. We were silent. Neither of us had anything to say. He was humming, something he did when he was nervous. 

"How's your life?" I queried breaking the silence.

"Horrible," he responded. Taken back I looked at him speedily. 

"Why?" I asked stupidly.

"I lost the love of my life," he sighed. I choked on my spit in surprise.

"I'm sorry you lost your Jordan's," I said. He laughed at me.

"Why do you do this?"

"Do what?" 

"Avoid emotions." I ignored his statement and stared at the ground. He was right.

"I don't want to talk about this,"

"I want you," he proclaimed.

"Move on. Go on with your life," I yelled, while my tears started to rise.

"How can I with my life right here,"

"We are only 17. What you feel isn't love. It's lust,"

"How do you know if you won't embrace it? Don't run away from your emotions,"

"Please stop. I'll hurt you. You're better off without me," I cried as a tear slipped running down my face. I left it there.

"How do you know what you'll do? How do you know that I am better off without you? Isn't that for me to decide? The fact is, I love you and I know you love me," he pleaded

"I met someone. His name is Ryland. See. I moved on and you should too," I stated. His face fell and his mouth slightly opened. My heart broke to see him like this. Tears started to flow down his cheeks. I wanted to reach out and kiss them away. I almost did. I do love you, Kai. I'll just hurt you. 

"Okay," he said as he walked away in a dazed state. Once he was out of sight I broke down crying. Odd noises started to come out from my mouth. Trying to pull myself together I got up from the ground. Tears still continued to fall from my eyes on the walk back to my car. After I was in my car and pulled out my phone.

Me: Asia we need to talk. ASAP

ASIAAAAA: OK. I'll be over in 30 mins. 

I smiled. I was glad that I have Asia back. I really needed a friend.

Me: Hey.

Ry: Hey

~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone. I hope you like this really late update (sorry about that). I also hope you like this song. I love it.