14. Friends?

Kai's POV

"Hey, Danny. Tell Josh to shut up." Danny, another coworker, is hollering with laughter. His head is tilted back and his arms are wrapped around him. Shaking my head I push the kart around the store picking up books that other people didn't bother on putting back.

"Stop being a punk," Josh said. Danny looked at me seeing what I would do.

"Oh please. Said they guy who came crying to me when your date stood you up."

"You were supposed to keep that a secret. Kiss my white ass."

"You would like if I did that would you." Danny's eyes bulged out of his head and he started snickering. Josh flipped me off and walked toward the break room.

"You guys are funny," Danny laughed. I shrugged my shoulders.

"He be playing too much. I needed to check him." Agreeing with me he went back to what he was doing. Danny was from Spain. He had black hair that went over his eyes. He was on the shorter side and did not have as big of a personality as Josh. Josh was a wildfire and he was a wooden match. He would catch fire, but he would eventually burn out.

"Do you know if boss is coming in today?" I asked him.

"Not today."

"I haven't seen her in a long time. I need to talk about my hours when school starts."

"You have time don't you?"

"Yeah, but I would like to get it done earlier. I guess I have to email her instead."

"Why didn't you do that in the beginning?"

"I like being personal." Josh came back to the front of the store. He was not really saying anything. I think he was embarrassed. He would only greet the customers and say somethings to Danny. I was kind of getting mad. I don't like when people can dish it but can't take it.

"Yo. Azealia Banks. Why you mad?" I questioned him.

"I'm not. I wanted you to see that you do love me." He smiled at me wiggling his eyebrows.

"Why can't you be a normal friend man?"

"You love me," he sang.

"I'm gone. My shift is done. Bye losers." They responded with a bye and I made my way to my car. Checking my phone before I took off I saw that Kyle texted me.

Kyle: can we hang out

Me: Sure

Kyle: where?

Me: The Habit 20 min

Kyle: coo

I got my keys out and put them in the ignition. 

Pulling up in the parking lot I was a little nervous. I haven't talked to him in a long time. He was my best friend but the things that he says is not acceptable. Walking into the place I ordered my food and they handed me a pager. I looked around and see him in a corner with a milkshake and fries. Walking towards him I breathed hard. Looking up he half smiles. I see that he dyed his hair blonde. I thought it made him look stupid but I kept it to myself. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.

"Hey." As soon as he said that my pager starts vibrating. I laughed and turned around hurrying to get my food. Once I was settled down I spoke up.

"Long time no see." Nodding in agreement he puts down one of his fries.

"Yeah."

"Blonde?"

"Had to change it up." After he said that we ate in silence. It was awkward, to say the least. 

"Hey. I'm sorry," Kyle said to break the silence. 

"For?"

"Talking bad about your girl."

"Do you know why that was bad?"

"Yeah. And I wish I didn't take part of that. She is pretty. And even if I didn't think that you love her so what I think about her means nothing. She also didn't do anything to me so."

"Why did you do it dude?"

"I always did it so I just didn't change."

"It's not just your fault. I knew you and the other guys were being a bunch of dicks and did nothing to help her."

"You knew?"

"Yeah. I just thought once you got to know her that you would ease up on her."

"Oh."

"I guess we're both idiots."

"Yeah."

"Hey, even though we are not together anymore don't make fun of her again. That goes for all of y'all."

"I'll make sure of it."

"Good. Cause I loved her. Hell, I still love her."

"Yeah, I know. You were never like this about anyone. Even with Ellen. Speaking of which, I seen you on her Instagram. Are you talking to her again?"

"Yeah after the break-up. She's been helping me." Kyle nodded to me.

"Then can I hit that?"

"Go for it man."

"Can I have her number?"

"You need to get that for yourself."

"Pussy."

~~~~~~~~~~

How ya like it? Dude, I wrote like two chapters in a night. I'm on a roll. I think I might update every day unless I state otherwise. I don't know. With love.

Do you think Kyle redeemed himself?

Do you think Kai will ever get over Eliza?

Josh is just my favorite. (Not a question but a statement)