3. Keep Calm and Rant

Getting ready for the day with Asia and probably my other old friends. I turned on my Spotify playlist. Lana Del Rey came on and I started dancing in my 8underwear and a long-sleeved tee. I was feeling myself swaying back and forth. I felt like a hippie child born in a water tub. I felt her pain. I was one with Lana until the song came off. An ad came on and I grabbed my laptop.

Nothing was interesting. I grabbed my phone and opened the app that I downloaded last night. My username was lalune_9. I scrolled through my feed. Everyone's emotion was purple. They all seemed to be sad. I was too. I pushed on the pencil and chose my emotion. Heartbroken. 

I miss him more than I thought. I need his kisses on my forehead and for him to tell me I'm alright. 

I scrolled some more and saw a person named Ryland. His profile picture was just his lips. It was pink and fuller. His pale skin made it stand out even more. His picture intrigued me. I followed him and put my phone down. 

I finished getting ready. I put on some shorts, traditional choker, and black flip flops along with my long-sleeved white tee. Grabbing my phone, I walked to my living room to wait for Asia to come and get me. I saw a green light blinking on my phone and thought it was Asia texting me that she was outside. I wasn't. It was Ryland. I saw he followed me back and direct messaged me.

Ryland: Thanks for following me

Me: No problem.

Ryland: Thanks anyway. I see you are new to the app.

Me: Yeah, I am. 

Ryland: How are you liking it?

Me: It's nice. I feel like I'm accepted here.

Ryland: That's good. 

Me: Cool.

Ryland: If you need anyone to talk to I am her for you. Don't hesitate to message me.

Me. Okay. Thanks for the offer and ditto.

I heard a honk from outside and knew that it was Asia. I grabbed my things and headed outside. She was dressed nicely for the weather outside. I always admired her fashion sense. Her hair was in a long ponytail and she had a bright yellow wavy top. It made her tan skin stand out. 

"We are going to the mall," she confessed as she drove away. I hated the mall but at the point in my life I needed a distraction. The mall was the perfect thing.

The ride there was filled with us singing along to the songs on the radio. Either that or making fun of them. Everything was starting to look up for me. There was some traffic there, which made sense. It was summer and the day happened to be a Friday. We did manage to find some good parking. It was near the entrance. All we had to do is to get there without getting hit by these crazy drivers. It was a mad day.

Luckily we made it into the mall without harm. I zoomed straight for Bath and Body Works. It was my store. I loved that place. Asia followed after me, figuring out where I was headed. Once I got in the store my mind went blank. It was great. I beelined for the stress relief lotion that I loved so much. I loved the smell of the mint. I felt like I was on a cloud. Asia was still looking around and I went to the register. I paid what I had to and I went to get Asia. We left the store and I was feeling happy. When we got out the store I immediately saw Kai. 

I knew I would eventually see him, but I wasn't expecting him to be with some other girl so fast. My breath got caught in my lungs. Asia looked to see what I was staring at. She was all up on him. Grinding on him. Sucking his neck. She was a hoe and I wanted to punch her in her face. Tears starting spilling down my face. Asia pulled me out of the mall and we rushed to her car. I pulled out my phone and started to message Ryland.

Me: Can we talk now?

Ryland: Sure. What about?

~~~~~~~~

Does anyone know the app Rant is based on now? Until next update.

(January 7, 2017)