Chapter 26

*hyperventilates* This story just hit 23k  viewsssssssss

THANKS GUYS SO MUCH ILY ALL

I'm not even going to say anything else.
I'll save my words.

Enjoy!

-=+=-

(Still in Lin's POV)

Sorry?

She just said sorry.

"Lin, I'm sorry."

"Vanessa, I-"

Vanessa looked down at her feet. "I regret what I've done. This was probably the stupidest choice I ever made over a stupid situation. I couldn't accept leaving behind..."

She paused.

"...someone I loved."

I held my breath at that word.

"I guess I'm sorry also," I said, slowly shutting the door behind me.

Vanessa held up a piece of paper. "I never signed it, even though you did." She pointed at my signature. "I'm glad I never signed it. I'm glad I thought of my regrets before putting that pen on paper. I'm glad I thought about the second child we had in this house!" Her voiced cracked at the world child.

I stayed silent.

"Do you have anything to say?" Vanessa said quietly. I signed deeply.

"I guess, I had regrets. I can't believe we argued over such a stupid thing. It felt so weird being in a suddenly big apartment without someone. I thought you signed the paper and we were done, but I guess, I can't really leave behind a woman who is the reason that anything gets done."

Vanessa smiled, quickly ran to me and gave a hug. "I'm so glad."

"Glad for what?" I asked.

"That you care."

Vanessa pulled away from the hug and held her hand out.

A ring.

"I found this lying on the floor, I guess you want it back."

I took it from her hand and slipped the ring back on.

"I love you."

"I love you too, V."

-=+=-

(Da next day, in Macey's POV)

"Back together?!?!?" I shouted in happiness.

"Yeah," Lin said happily. "I guess we finally made up of each other."

Made up? It feels like a lot more that making up.

I ran up to him and gave him a big hug, forgetting that Lin was holding Sebastian.

"Oww," he said, rubbing his head. I pull back and laugh at his cute reaction.

"Where's Vanessa?" I asked, looking around.

"She's gone back to pack up her things so she can move in back here," Lin said, playing with Sebastian.

I laid back, staring at the ceiling. "It feels weird that I'm like used to this place, it doesn't feel right- well it does but, I don't know," I said.

I sat back up to Lin looking at me. "I have an idea." I gave him a look.

"How about we can go give some presents to some orphans? For Christmas?"

I looked down to think. "So what you mean is-"

Lin cut me off. "Yes, we're visiting your old orphanage."

-=+=-

And here I am, standing in front of that door with gifts that weren't wrapped. I opened the door to a wind of memories.

A lady (or should I say the lady) came up to us. "Welcome! What do you have for us?" She looked at me and I literally became stone cold. "Macey? Is that you?"

I nodded nervously and she pulled me into a quick hug. When did she start acting so nice? "It's nice to see you again."

"Yeah, you too," I lied.

"How about you go say hi to the other orphans and see if they remember you," she said, leading me into the building. "I'll help your father go put away the toys."

I obviously knew my way around the orphanage. I looked a clock and guessed where everyone might be. We called it "the room".

The room is basically a living room, but we didn't know what to call it.

I walked towards the door and opened it to a sea of familiar faces. Everything fell silent.

"Is that-"

"Uh."

I looked around. Everyone seemed older.

"Macey?!"

Everyone suddenly got up and huddled around me. Well, not to close luckily.

"What happened to you?"

"Why are you like 1000 times prettier?"

"Wow."

I looked around at everyone with familiar faces. Everyone seemed to be- well, smiling and happy.

"What is it like being adopted?" The room went into silence.

"Well," I nervously started. "It's kind of magical. You have people you have your back and-"

"Yeah yeah, but what about all of those toys and stuff?" A girl interrupted.

"Toys? I didn't get a lot of toys but I got the opportunity to go to school?" I answered awkwardly.

"No toys?!" the girl said.

"Yeah, my dad said it's only for my little brother Sebastian," I said.

I looked behind me and saw Lin probably done with putting away the toys. "I think I've got to go..."

"Bye!" Everyone said surprisingly in sync. I waved and turned my back, my hands shaking came to Lin.

"How was it?" he asked as I approached him.

"Good," I said looking up at him.

That was a completely different experience from what I had.

-=+=-

Ellooooooooooo

Sorry for not writing for so long, you know me.

So this wasn't really the big part, but it's something.

I'll write again soon. I promise.

Apologies for grammar mistakes or bad writing, I was too lazy to edit.

Wear your seatbelt,

-Elii