Chapter 8

Hello, hello, hello! (Something Lin would say) and welcome to Chapter 8.
This chapter is when Macey meets the cast of Hamilton (the original cast okay, JUST PRETEND).
Enjoy!

***

I walked into the apartment, still having the thought stuck to my mind. I set my back pack by the couch (Vanessa taught me what the long chair was) and sat down nervously.

"Macey, do you have something to say?" Lin said as he sat down next to me. I paused, not finding words. I didn't know what to say. It just happened.

"I accidentally bumped into someone this morning," I managed to say. "Then I bumped into them again later on, then that happened."

Lin let a angry sigh out. "Sweetie, I taught you how to defend yourself or get away-"

"I know. It's just- they were bigger then I thought."

"I am going to talk with the principal tomorrow. Now stay there."

His strict voice made me sink. Tears started to form as I grabbed a pillow and hugged it. Vanessa saw the commotion that was going on, so she walked over.

"It's okay, it's not your fault. Breathe in, breathe out," she cooed, brushing my hair. I was crying, crying over something not important.

She lifted my sweater slightly, revealing a bruise in the bandages and gasped. "They did this to you?"

I nodded, still balling my eyes out. She lifted more of it, showing a giant bruise on my lower back. "Oh my gosh, let me get you some ice."

She quickly stood up and briskly walked over to the fridge.

My crying was very quiet, but I couldn't stop. Stopping seemed almost impossible.

I was just adopted a few weeks ago, now this?

I felt a cold feeling on my back and saw that Vanessa had placed an ice pack on my back. "Mom it's okay," I rejected, pushing the ice pack off my back. "I deserve this like I did at the orphanage."

She wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "You don't deserve this. Your too precious. Your sweet and innocent like a cinnamon roll."

I looked up from the pillow; which now left two circles drenched in tears.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked, chocking on tears. Vanessa nodded. She leaned in and gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling hug. "I'm going to drop you off somewhere because I have to run some errands," she said, handing me a box of Kleenex. "Where?" I asked, taking several tissues at once.

She smiled. "It's where your father works."

Really?

I half smiled, hiccuping from crying.

"Clean up yourself, I'll take you there in 10 minutes."

Vanessa stood up and walked away upstairs. I wiped my tears off my face with the sting of coldness by my thigh from the ice pack.

After a few hiccups and cleaning, my face cleared up. "Macey! Your father is taking you to the theater!"

Theater? Lin works at a theater?

I stood up and brushed aside my slightly frizzy hair.

Lin passed by the couch and opened the front door. "I'll meet you in the lobby, Macey," he said, waving shyly and closing the door behind him. I walked towards my new shoes (which Lin's fellow friends bought for me) and slipped them on. Vanessa came downstairs with a purse and messed up hair. "I'll meet you in 2 hours sweetie, bye!" she said, heading towards the door behind the stairs. I walked out the door, when suddenly, I bumped into someone.