Chapter 7

Hey, welcome back! Macey finally goes to school!
The school is FAKE by the way.
Enjoy!

***

I entered the school, bursting into a loud situation. I took another glance at the paper.

Room 107, got it.

It was 7:15. School doesn't start till 7:30.

Guess I have time to explore.

I walked through the hallways, hearing people ramble about things. I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Omg, are you Macey Miranda!?" the person squealed excitedly as I turned around confused. I nodded.

The girls beside the person started jumping in excitement. "Macey Miranda goes to our school!"

I looked at them and slowly started to walk away. I wonder why they know me...

I continued to walk down the hall, seeing people stare at me along the way. I took a peek at my paper again.

Locker 337

I turned at the lockers and saw I was awfully far away from my locker. I turned around on my heel and made my way to the locker until I bumped into a much larger boy. "Watch where you're going, punk!" he said, shouldering me as he passed by.

Man, that brought back so many memories.

I continued to walk down until I reached the locker. It was right in the middle of all the ruckus. I looked down the hallway, wishing that I had a locker there.

Nervously, I opened the locker and looked at it. A tiny shelf at the top and hangers on the much bigger space. I hung my bag and took the books I needed, like Lin told me.

I closed the door, making me face to face with another boy. I blushed in embarrassment.

He had dirty blonde hard, light skin, and a nice smile. He wore a blue long sleeved shirt with light blue jeans.

"Um, hi there," I nervously said, trying to start up a conversation. He looked at me straight in the eyes, I looked at him back with his lovely colored azule eyes.

I think I'm in love.

"Hey," he said. "You must be the new girl, right?" I nodded.

He let out a chuckle and placed his hand out. "The name's Daniel."

I looked at his hand placed my hand out. Oh my god, I'm freaking out right now.

"Macey," I introduced, shaking hands with Daniel.

"When you meet someone," Lin started, kneeling down to my height. "Greet them, tell your name, and shake hands."

"Nice to meet you, Macey," he said, smiling at me.

He just smiled at me. A warm feeling rushed through me like a tidal wave.

Daniel's POV

She was a light dark-ish-skinneded Puerto Rican-Dominican—long hair like beauty. She was pretty, and I'm already in love with her.

The bell rang, and I let go of her hand. "Gotta go," I said, starting to walk away.

"Wait," she said, grabbing my shirt. "Meet up at lunch?" I nodded.

Macey's POV

"When ever you make a friend, tell them to meet up at lunchtime," Lin advised, patting me on the shoulder.

I smiled as he walked away as I walked away in the other direction.

Wait, I actually have a friend now?!

I carried my few books to the first class.

(Lunch)

"Class dismissed." said the science teacher.

I exited the class, exhausted. I already knew that I dreaded science so much.

I took out the crumpled schedule and inspected it. Lunch is next, good.

I headed towards the cafeteria, which is crowded by, what looks likes to me, half of the school.

"Wait..." I muttered as I turned on my heel to go to my locker. I headed towards my locker until I bumped into a person.

"Watch where your going-" the person paused. "You're the same girl I bumped into earlier, huh?"

I tried to run away, but he grabbed me by the shirt. "Are you doing this on purpose?!"

I smelled the awful scent of his breath, which smelled like pizza and peas.

"No-" I hesitated. "Well watch where your going this time!" he shouted, punching me real hard on the hip.

The hip where I got shot.

I inhaled in pain as he let me go and laughed. I quickly walked away and noticed many people watching the commotion happening.

I unlocked my locker and grabbed my lunch bag. "Jerk," I mumbled.

I headed back to the crowed cafeteria, nervous.

I seemed to slightly limp as I entered. Then, I saw Daniel stand out in the crowd. He was sitting by the wall on a bench, all alone. He made eye contact and waved as I walked towards him.

I sat down, placing my lunch next to me. "Hey," I said, being more confident this time. He looked at me smiling, like he did last time. "Hey, why were you limping?" he asked, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Some boy punched me," I said, unzipping my bag. I saw his lips move, meaning that he said something. "Did you say something?"

He looked at me. "Nothing, it's just-"

I cut him off. "You don't have to tell me," I assured, placing my hand right by his thigh for balance. I took out an apple and bit it into it. He placed his hand on top of mine, making me freeze in place.

"Did you just-" I stammered, but got cut off. "Yes, I just did." Daniel said. "But we just met," I said.

I giggled as I slowly started to finish my lunch. We talked non stop, and there seemed to be no awkward moments where you had nothing to talk about.

Yes, I have a huge crush on him.

(After school)

I walked out of the school, seemingly satisfied. I never thought I would make a friend on the first day of school. I thought it would be exactly like the orphanage.

A familiar car pulled up at the front, which I knew it was Lin's. I rushed over to the car, until I got blocked by the same person. "This is the dork that bumped into me by 'accident' " he joked. Two others were by his side making me blush in embarrassment. They were all wearing black, some had dyed hair. "You tiny 6th grader, think your so cool, huh?" said another one. I felt a punch on the back, which was one of the three. I started to whimper quietly. "Aww, you cute little stupid dog!" Another punch flew onto my hip. The same spot where I got punched earlier.

"Get away from her, now!" said a man, pushing away the three freaks away from me. It was Lin. "Dad?" I asked, re doing the position of my backpack. "Get inside the car now," he stated, pushing me along to the car.

I hopped in, absolutely terrified. Lin slammed the door shut behind him. "Dad, I can explain-" I stated. "Tell me later when we get home, miss."

I sunk into the leather seat as the car started to move. The whole ride was silent. Complete. Silence.

God why did the day have to end like this?

***

Thanks for reading! By the time I was finished, we are already close 400 views! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST LOVE YA'LL!

What do you think of Daniel and Macey? Comment! Also, did anyone catch a 21 Chump Street reference?

I think I am going to write shorter chapters now since I have a new story. I apologize for any grammar mistakes or bad writing!

Cya,

~Elii