Chapter 23

Christmas is here!!!!!!

Okay I'm still going to post Christmas related stuff until January.

Back to the story!

Enjoy!

-=+=-

1 week later

"Lin- I mean- dad? When is Phillipa going to be here?"

That was probably the 100th time I've asked Lin as I waited patiently on the couch, my winter jacket on and some boots that Vanessa bought me a while back.

"In like 2 minutes!" he said back from upstairs. Simultaneously, the door opened.

"Hi!" bubbled a voice said from the door, a familiar friendly face peeking through the door. Lin came quickly down the stairs.

"Hey Pippa," Lin said, grinning at her. He gave her a hug and a peck on the cheek.

I know that I sometimes jump to conclusions, but do they like each other?

"Eww," I jokingly retched, smiling as they gave me a silly look.

"Alright Macey," Phillipa said, letting Lin go, "we've got some presents to buy!"

Phillipa invited me to help her buy some Christmas presents for her friends, which got me pumped up.

"Yes! Bye!" I waved to Lin as I walked out the door with Phillipa

-=+=-

Phillipa and I walked into (what they call) the mall. I stared at the gleaming giant reefs hanging from the ridiculously high ceilings and the bright signs shows where stores are. Or maybe it's called shops?

"Just stay by my side because this mall is pretty crowded today," she said said, holding me close to her. I nodded as I watched people go by.

As we weaved through the crowd, I was blabbering out questions about malls like 'Why is there so many stores?' and 'Why do people like to shop at malls when they can just go around town?'

Phillipa basically answered every question, which quite satisfied me enough about the mall. She halted in front of a store.

"Alright, we're getting gifts for Jazzy and Renee," she said, looking down at a piece of paper she'd been looking at the whole time. We walked in, and it felt like a different environment.

First of all, I ignored the name of the store. These names are so complicated! It was like- I don't know, air-o something?

I looked at the huge selection of shirts and pants and a lot of things.

"I want to get colors that refer to the Schuyler Sisters," Phillipa said smiling. I gave her a questioning look.

"It's a thing with your dad's work," Phillipa said as she rummaged through yellow shirts. I tucked in a piece of my tangled hair behind my ear and looked around as Phillipa kept looking.

"Macey?"

I turned around awkwardly, seeing another familiar face.

"Kendall?"

Kendall's POV

I blushed insanely hard.

"Hi," I peeped out.

"I never know you'd be here!" Macey smiled, giving me a quick hug. God I love her smile.

"So, why are you here?" I asked, refraining from blushing more.

Macey looked down at her feet. "Well, I'm helping her-" she pointed at a woman looking through yellow shirts, "-shop for stuff for the holidays."

"Cool," I said, admiring her shyness a bit. I felt a tap on my back and I knew it was my mom.

"I gotta go, bye!" I said, walking away.

"Okay, bye!" Macey said, waving a little.

My mom pulled me over.

"Kendall, is that the girl you like?" she said in a kind of low voice. I nodded and she pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so proud of you, I always wanted a lesbian daughter," she said, pecking a kiss on my cheek. "Me and your mom are so proud of you."

Macey's POV

After 25 minutes of looking for cute looking clothes for Jazzy and Renee, we walked out with 2 bags; Phillipa carried one and I carried the other.

"Okay, now what?" I asked as we weaved through the large crowd.

"Well, we've got to buy things for the boys obviously," Phillipa said, "Me, Renee, and Jazzy are getting afro combs for Daveed."

"Okay," I said, gripping onto her hand as another wave of people went by.

What the heck is an afro comb?

"Shoot, there's a lot of people coming. Stay by me," Phillipa warned.

Lots of people were heading towards us.

"I think you missed it but I think one of the stores just announced that they were have a good sale for 15 minutes," Phillipa said, pulling me through the crowd.

I watched all the people go by, not knowing how to dodge them all. My arm slowly began to tire out.

Then it gave out.

I waved my hand around, searching for Phillipa's hand, but I just saw a swarm of people.

"Phillipa?" I shouted over the crowd. I weaved my way through the crowd.

"Phillipa?!" I called out again, gripping onto my bag as the crowd began to clear up.

I guess I'm stranded in a mall.

-=+=-

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

This chapter is your gift from me!

Sorry for any grammar mistakes or bad writing, I was too lazy to edit.

Wear your seatbelt,

-Elii