Chapter 14

HELLO PEOPLE OF DA WURLD! Welcome back to a chapter that is actually a chapter. School's got me though.

So...

ENJOY!

***

I walked out of the elevator, squinting at the sunlight through the clear windows. Leaning against the clear glass was a woman, looking down at the tiny screen that I cannot seem to find out. She looked up hesitantly. "Hi! Are you Macey?" she said cheerfully, cheerful enough to make the silence awkward. I nodded slowly, holding my breath a little. Isn't that good or bad?
"I'm Phillipa, but you can call me Pippa."

I let out a quiet long sigh of relief, dealing with the fact that she was one of the people that I met when Lin took me to his work.

"Hi Pippa," I said, smiling and squinting at the sun.

"You ready to go?"

"You bet."

-=+=-

I spun the trophy around my hand, glancing at all of the shiny gold features. "What award is this?" I asked, poking my hand into the opening of the award.

"It's Lin's Grammy award," Groff said, kicking something off the floor. I looked back up at him, clearly showing him that I was confused.

Groff clicked his tongue sassily and inhaled deeply. "You'll learn later."

I chuckled as I continued to look. Unexpectedly, I smelled a scent inside the Grammy. Weird, sweet, and kinda sour in my view. "Why does it smell like alcohol in the trophy?" I could easily tells since the ladies back at the orphanage drank a lot of it around us.

Groff's eyes widened and snatched the gleaming gold out of my hands. "Like I said- you'll learn later," he laughed. I laughed too, but not that much. I leaned against a wall, continuing to fidget around with my Les Mis shirt. Lin gave it to me a while back, but I never really wore it.

I glanced at the tiny glowing screen Groff kept chuckling and looking at. "What's that thing your playing with?" I asked, finally hoping for an answer I've been longing to hear.

His eyes moved to me without her head moving and chuckled under his breath. "Are you from the 80's or something?" he chuckled. I looked at him dumbfounded. "What are the eighties?" I asked, which made Groff laugh louder than ever. The door swooped open after a few seconds of laughter from him. It was Pippa.

"Groff why are you being loud again? And why are you in Lin's dressing room?" Pippa said, noting even noticing me. She sighed, smiling. "Why did you grow up to be so childish?"

"Because this little pumpkin is here."

Groff nodded his head towards me.  Pippa turned towards me. "Oh hey there." she piped up.

I smiled shyly. "Hi."

Awkwardly, I waved. Pippa turned her attention back to Groff. "Can you please be quiet?" Pippa insisted to Groff, making him grow a sheepish smile quickly. "Okay?"

Pippa walked out the door without shutting. "Can't you believe how crazy she is?" Groff said, giggling childishly. I nodded, smiling.

Once again, someone came into the room. "Hey Andrew," Groff said as Andrew peeked his head through the door. I looked up, confused as always. "Oh um, I'm Andrew Chappelle," he said quickly, waving. He turned his head back to Groff. "Thayne and Gregory are having a cookie tasting test they got from Amazon."

Groff raised his eyebrow. "Amazon?"

-=+=-

"Ready?" Gregory said, making the "I regret this" face. Thayne nodded. A swirl of excitement surround me. Jonathan nudged, almost like a warning that something terrible or funny is going to happen. I smiled hard, trying not to laugh randomly out loud.

"Three-"

Gregory held the cookie to his mouth.

"Two-"

Everyone held their breath.

"One!"

Gregory and Thayne shoved the two disgusting looking cookies into their mouth.

"How is it?" I blurted out first.

It was a few seconds of silence and waiting until Gregory spitted the piece out. "Yuck- eww! it tastes like vinegar for some reason," he retched. Groff snorted and I chuckled. Everyone looked over to Thayne, who was still casually eating the cookie.

"How is it Thayne?" Groff asked.

He held up a thumbs up, which caused everyone to laugh.

I laughed too, but when the laughing died down, Lin came in.

-=+=-

Welp I finished this at school so this is a quick note.

Updating in a few days!

-Elii