Chapter 17

Helllooooo!! I am currently submerged in homework and tests.

So I'm trying to update as often as possible but it seems nearly impossible. The end of the week is coming up and I'm trying to prepare 2 chapters for you guys.

Anyways,

Enjoy!

-=+=-

((Back to reality in Macey's POV, one hour forward))

Lin told me the whole darn story. He told me that Vanessa was living with a friend of hers now. I've never seen Lin so depressed before.

"It's all my fault. I've basically started your whole darn argument," I apologized, tears welling up in my eyes. Lin said nothing and just kept looking down, his playful eyes dulled out. I felt like he agreed.

I looked over to the counter to seeing Lin's phone (yes, I've learned what it is) still unlocked and buzzing. I walked over and picked it up.

I tapped my way through each icon, trying to find the app that made calls on it until I found one that had a cell phone on it. Sounds reasonable.

I opened it and scrolled through until I found the name Jonathon Groff under the category "Ham Friends". I pressed on the button. I didn't notice that my finger touched Philippa Soo's number instead.

"Hello?"

I jumped at the sound of the female voice, expecting it to be male.

"Hi, um, who is this?"

"Philippa, Lin. You should know this by now."

"Philippa, this is Macey-"

"Macey?! What are you doing on the phone?"

"Lin needs your help. Bring other people if you can also."

"Oh my gosh, what happened?"

"No time to explain."

"I know where your home is. I'll be there with others."

-=+=-

Philippa, Jasmine, Renee, Groff, Anthony, and 3 other people were cooped up around Lin, talking and comforting him. Groff was the closest one, being right next to him, his arm wrapped around he shoulders. "We hate you seeing like this, Lin. You'd always be the most encouraging person out of the whole Ham Cast. You made a Broadway hit musical!" Renee said, shifting around. I sat right next to Jasmine, leaning against her shoulder.

"Are you okay, Macey?" she asked quietly, looking down at me. "Better than ever," I sarcastically commented back. She wrapped her arm around my shoulders. "It's gonna be okay."

The group went silent awkwardly. I looked down at my wrist and still saw the pink cuts, but quickly hid it when Jasmine looked down.

Groff leaned against Lin's shoulder. "Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes. Five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear," Groff quietly began to sing. Anthony and Renee popped in.

"Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes. How do you measure- measure a year?"

Everyone started sing. I wanted to desperately join, but I didn't know a single word.

"In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights- in cups of coffee. In inches, in miles- in laughter in strife. In, five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes. How do you measure- a year in the life? How about- looovve."

Every starting swaying side, happily smiling each other and trying to cheer Lin up.

The group sang through the whole song with me just laughing at mess ups. Like when Groff tried to hit the high note.

Lin was smiling a little when the song ended. "Are you feeling any better?" Anthony asked. I nodded in agreement.

"A little," he said.

Everyone smiled, and laughed, trying to make that "a little" to "a lot".

-=+=-

RENT RENT RENT RENT REENNNT.

Anyways I hope you enjoy this nice chapter that I stayed up doing. I apologize for any bad writing or grammar mistakes!

Wear your seatbelt,

-Elii