Chapter 13

HEY GUYS I'M BACK! You probably noticed that I deleted all of my author's notes because I just thought they got annoying.

Anyways,

Enjoy!

***

I woke in my own bed. How awkward is that? I swear to God I accidentally fell asleep against Daniel.

I shifted over, my ears adjusting to the alarm clock beeping. 6:47 a.m.

I rolled out of bed and stumbled to stand. Awkwardly, I noticed I was wearing the same clothes from last night also. The sun peaked over the horizon as I head towards my closet to get a new outfit to wear for the day, even though I was suspended.

***
"Morning!" I said, running down the stairs. I brush my hair out of my face as I went to sit down. Instead of Lin cooking up breakfast, or the footsteps of Vanessa down stairs, no one was there at all. I looked around in an awkward silence.  Panic slowly started to rise in me as I tried to see if there was a sign of family here. Right in front of me was a piece of paper. I picked it up, exhaling in wonder and relief.

Dear Macey,

Vanessa and I had to head to work early for reasons, but we both will be home late, too. My friend, Phillipa Soo, will be picking you up and driving you to the theatre until one of us comes home.

I shivered a little not because of the cold, but the name Phillipa. The name seemed awfully familiar, but I couldn't recognize it at all.

You will be there for about 6-7 hours or so. I'm not sure.

A bunch of erase marks showed right after the word sure. I tried to see what it was, but I guess it was something unimportant. All I got was:

P ea e ell m hat ha p l t nig

The letter ended with the a simple -Lin.

I dented the corner of the paper with my nail. Why would they leave an adopted child alone in a house?

The thing is, when is this Phillipa going to pick me up? I placed it on the table, ignoring the fact that it fell to the floor.

Well, I need to eat breakfast anyways. I'm starving.

***

I AM BACK GUYS I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! I was gone for a long period because of the lack of story ideas and stupid SCHOOL.

Sorry for a really short chapter, too.

Also coming back to 2k reads is AMAZING YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST LOVE YA'LL!

I think that's all I had to say...

Anyways, see you in another chapter! Wear your seatbelt!

~Elii