Chapter 27

Kevin, in the midst of all this, was sitting in a tree. That's where James told him to go. He had also said to use his power when the time was right. He said that Kevin would know.

Well. Ash just died. Theo just got his head smashed in. Oscar is holding Karina, who is beginning to lose consciousness. And then there's Peggy, who's about to jump off the roof. He'd say that this was as good a time as any to turn the tables.

Kevin was ready. And-

There goes a bomb. Wow. Uh. It was just a mini bomb, but he could definitely make out Zyan's decapitated head somewhere in there.

Kevin was ready. And he thought that it was time the tables turned. He was willing to risk his life for the better. He knew most wouldn't support his decision, but he had to. It was the right thing to do.

"Kevin, are you okay?" A broken James asked. He was covered in blood and dirt, smoke surrounding him. His clothes were tattered, and he had a lot of cuts and bruises. Jesse came limping over to James as Kevin climbed down the tree.

"James." Kevin said as he got to the bottom. "I think it's time to do what I have to do." Kevin said, his fists curled up into a ball.

He looked to his left side.. Lizbeth was still crying over Ash. Oscar was trying to apply pressure to Karina's wound. He couldn't do it. Karina didn't look too well. Peggy already jumped off the building, her body was broken and she was surrounded in a huge puddle of blood, limbs twisted at unnatural angles. Tyler was struggling, trying to reach Kazi, who couldn't get up, on the verge of dying.

Kevin turned his head to the right. He saw Zyan lying dead on the floor. Surprisingly, his blood was black. He also saw Hassan, whose eyes were as dark as midnight, under control of Victoria. She was making him fetch the valuables from places that she had always wanted but never could get.

Aurora was dead next to McKaylah, the two friends. They were killed by the bomb. However they had no blood surrounding them. Animals from far and wide circled around them, howling and screeching in the presence of the death of the kindest animal lover in the world.

Kevin channeled his power, and began to focus it all around. It had been about thirty minutes since the first death. Were they that pathetic? He was well aware that he would die using this type of magic. He knew that this was the type of magic that took your life span. He raised his hands, and a bright light enveloped the world.

It wasn't raining anymore, and the city was bright.

"Alright, Kevin, I want you to hide in the tree until things get really bad. Then you will know to- Woaj! Are you okay?" James asked as Kevin collapsed.

Kevin groaned, and whispered out his few last words. "I just did it, and let me tell you, things really do get bad."