Chapter 16

Oscar was spending another day at Karina’s. They had one more day until school was finally over. Oscar was sleeping over. It was currently night, and the twins had hair gel in their hands.

    “HA!” Karina yelled, as they smacked the gel onto Oscar’s hair. He turned around, and the twins bolted, Oscar hot behind their tails. Oscar caught Karina, and grabbed her by the waist.

    Ashley quickly saw, turned back, and stomped on Oscar’s foot. He let go of Karina and winced in pain. The twins in their onesies ran off and let out an evil laugh.

    “COME BACK HERE!” Oscar yelled, laughing. Karina hid behind the couch while Ashley hid behind the shower curtain. Oscar tip-toed around the place, and he opened the door to the bathroom.

    Ashley silently let out little breaths.
Oscar quickly opened the shower curtain and yelled “GOT YA!”. Ashley tried to run, but she had nowhere to go.

    “KARINA!” Ashley yelled, calling her twin for help. Karina got up from behind the couch and tip toed to the bathroom. She walked in and saw Oscar holding Ashley against her will. Karina pulled off Oscar’s hat and held it over the toilet.

    “Twin for the hat.” Karina plainly said. Oscar looked at her with a small smirk, and let go of Ashley. Ashley ran out, and Karina threw Oscar’s hat out of the bathroom into the hallway about a foot away, before running.

    This went on for a while until Karina became short of breath. She stopped running and tried to catch her breath in the living room. Oscar saw her from the hallway and decided to scare her.

    He quietly snuck behind Karina and picked her up gently from behind, bridal style. She could feel his arms supporting her whole body weight.

    She was socially awkward, so she didn’t like this one bit. Karina started to kick around, trying to add extra weight to  herself so that Oscar would put her down, or at least drop her, but it didn’t work. Oscar just held on to her tighter.

    She decided to elbow Oscar in the stomach and he let go of her, dropping her on the ground, Karina landing on her knees, hurting them.

    “Ow!,” Karina groaned, trying to get up. Suddenly, she felt strong arms wrap around her frame, pulling her into his arms. Then, she was being carried. She could smell his sweat and scent through his shirt as he placed her on the couch gently.

    “Sorry,” Oscar murmured. She looked at him. It looked like he was trying really hard not to laugh.