Chapter 22

"Why'd you do it?" Kazi sat across from Nya. Nya didn't speak. "Oh, you're not speaking, huh? Well, You've been tied down in that chair, and I can pull all nighters anytime I want."

     Theo had secretly stayed behind in the barn to kidnap Nya. The Force Owls wanted some intel on the X-Hunters, though Nya wasn't giving them any.

    Nya felt something press into her temples. It felt like a gun.

    "Now, now, Theo," Kazi said. "Don't do anything you might regret, or get in trouble for." Theo didn't move. Kazi sighed. "Nya, why were you with them?"

    Nya stared at Kazi, until finally speaking. "Well, obviously it's because they found me first." Nya said, her voice a bit raspy.

    "What do you mean?" Kazi asked.

    "They recruited me before the Force Owls tried to, and Dana and Victoria were there, so of course I'd join them."

    "Oh," Kazi simply said. "Okay, Theo, you can put down the flashlight."

    Nya looked to her side, where a flashlight, not a gun, was pressed against her head. Theo chuckled. "If I kill anyone else, the boss will kill me."

    "Oh, you're the guy that murdered Dana."

    "Yeah. Sorry about that. By the way, I heard that you can tell the future! You see anything in mine?" Theo bounced, excitedly.

    Nya looked bored. "Of course. Karina belongs with Oliver, not you."

    After that, Kazi escorted her out for Oscar to teleport away.

    Theo looked confused. "Who's Oliver?"