Chapter 4

Lisa's POV:
This is getting insane. So Lauren's in bed sick, Alex is tending to Christina on a nearby island, Dani & Amy are underwater and Katherine is starting to feel cold. That leaves me and the brothers and mom & dad plus our 5 close friends we brought along including Elli, who suddenly said, 'I'm going in to get Dani & Amy.' I said, 'STOP! You don't know what--' Elli cut me off and she flew in. Wait...I couldn't believe my eyes!'

ELLI IS A MERMAID??? SHE DIDN'T TELL US?!

Elli's POV:
I swam as fast as I could. What people don't realize is I have a connection with the people that are with Dani & Amy right now. I had arrived and I saw Dani & Amy waiting around. But then I saw a shadowy figure appear and take them away like lightning. I said to the mysterious girls, 'Squad, let's go after him.' So we raced forward and made our way through.

-ON LAND-

Alex's POV:
I am genuinely worried about Christina. It looks like is in the worst condition I have ever seen her in. Katherine yelled, 'Is she gonna die?' I said, 'No, she's just extremely exhausted.' I lifted her arm up, but it fell limp. I said to myself, 'Leaving her on this island is not a good idea. Probably should put her back on the boat and rest. Meanwhile Lauren woke up and came to the deck saying, 'CHRISTINA! IS SHE OKAY!?' I said, 'M8, I don't know. She's worn out. But she will be fine, she just is exhausted.'

-UNDERWATER-

Elli:
The squad and I had to hurry. The mysterious girls then chanted, 'Elli is our leader, let's go.' Me leader? Okay that feels amazing. We went like lightning to catch up with the shadow but he was just too fast for us. Now we were unsure where to go. We then saw a giant octopus scurrying along. We followed to investigate it.

We looked and saw my 2 friends Dani and Amy trapped in the octopus's tentacles. One of my squad said, 'Noooo. If enough time passes they will become part of him!' You mean...fused to the octopus?? We can't allow that. Then suddenly the shadow figure appeared saying, 'Your allies must die or be tortured. Pick one.' I said, 'No, we fight.' Then he said, 'You must be aware of the ship your family and friends are on. Well, I built that ship.'

My jaw dropped. I saw Dani squirming in so much pain but she was suddenly let go along with Amy. He then added, 'I'm not letting you off that easy. Apparently my pet was weak. Whatever, I'll take shorty for myself then. You can have that idiot over there.' Dani yelled, 'I am not an idiot, and why am I and Amy still breathing underwater without problem?? What gives? Wait, ELLI? YOU'RE A WHAT?!'

I said, 'Yes Dani, I am a mermaid LOL. Well, on land Im a normal girl and in the water I am a mer. (Ala H20) Dani and Amy, you're one too but it hasn't been tapped yet.' The squad said, 'That's what we been trying to tell you. You're one of us now. You wouldn't turn your back on your best friend right?' I said, 'But I am not family even though I am a family friend.' Dani made a startling admission.

Nobody's POV:
'I....I might die if I go back above land.' The glow circling her got so deep and then Amy tried to figure out what was going on. Meanwhile the shadow figure had long since vanished. Elli then yelled, 'Wait, is it what I think it is?' One of the mysterious girls said, 'Yes, when a strange blue glow circles someone, they are scared to go above land. The glow only goes away after a certain task is accomplished. That being said, Dani must live underwater until what's done is done.'

So much for the cruise. Now it's a battle of survival.

Dani gulped.

HELP!