Chapter Twenty Five

July 13, 2016

Nikita starts making breakfast for August and herself. She is hungry to say the least. She wants August to taste her cooking for once. She starts to cook eggs, bacon, blueberry pancakes to show him how much she appreciate him and thanking him for all the things he had done for her. It didn't take her long to finish cooking. By the time, she is finish August walks downstairs and sees her putting food on the plates.

"You can cook?" August asked her, being confused.

"What?" "A girl can't cook?" Nikita asked while smiling.

He laughs and looks at her.

"You are a trip." He told her as he sat down on the stool beside her.

She smiles and slide the plate to August and put the pan in the sink.
"I'll wash the dishes after we eat."

"Nahh, I got them." "You did all this, so let me do somethin' in return."

"Okay." Nikita told him while getting the forks and knifes out of the dish rack.

She gives the utensils that August needs, and he grabs them from her. Nikita close her eyes and bend her head down, waiting for August to say Grace.

"Thank ya, Lord, fo tha' food we are about tahh receive, and fo tha' nourishment tahh our bodies." "Fo Christ's sake, Amen."

"Amen." Nikita said back.

They begin to eat their food and August begin to compliment Nikita's cooking.

"This is really good, baybeh." "I didn't kno' dat you could cook this good."

"You never ask." Nikita commented back.

Complete silence fills the room until August said something to Nikita.

"We need tahh talk."

"About what?"

"I have a business trip, and I have tahh leave at twelve."

"Where are you going?"

"Tahh California."

"Oh okay." Nikita said to him.

She really didn't think much of it.

"How long would you be gone?"

"Just two days." "My ma called me sayin' dat they had postpone tha' family dinner. Instead of havin' tha family dinner tomorrow." "They are havin' it on Friday."

"Oh okay." "That's good." She told him, finishing eating her food then putting the dishes in the sink.

Nikita felt August's arm wraps around her waist.

"Are you gonna be okay around here by yoself?" August asked her while kissing on her shoulder.

"Yes." "I'm a big girl." "I can take care of myself."

"Oh, can you?" He smirked at her while continuing to kiss her sweet spot.

"S-stop." She stuttered a little.