Chapter Twenty Three

July 11, 2016

A Week Later

August has been trying to trust her step by step, but it so difficult for him. He haven't her phone back. So instead of giving her phone back; he thought of another way to give her a phone.

"Baybeh, come here." August told her while patting his leg.

Nikita sat on his lap and slightly smile. August look at her and took something out his pocket. It's a IPhone S5. Nikita start to smile, but it disappear when she realize that it is not her phone.

"Umm... daddy that's not my phone."

He smirks and begins to speak.

"I kno'." "I brought this one so you can use it whenever you want, but there are rules tahh follow."

Lord, I knew there was a catch. Nikita thought to herself.

"What?"

"Rule numba' one don't text nobody, just call." "Rule numba' two don't tell nobody what you have been doin' or where you are at." "Make up lies." "Rule numba' three if you are not here when I tell you tahh be here; there will be consequences." "You undastand?"

"Yes, sir."

"Oh yeah, anotha' thing." "Do not lose this phone cause I'm not buying you anotha' phone."

"Okay." "Anything else?"

"Yeah, this phone has a track in it, so I kno' where you are goin' at all times."

Nikita look stun, but she knew that August couldn't trust her with anything.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot."

"Why can't you at least try to trust me?" I can prove to you that you can trust me."

"Mann, there you go wit' dat shit." "It's eitha' this or no phone at all." He told her in anger.

She stood there in silence.

"That what I thought." "Now get off me." "Go tahh tha' store and buy us some groceries."

She got off him and look at him.

"We just went to the store last week."

He look at her like she is crazy.

"To buy some fruits!" "Fuck you mean!" He hollered at her.

"Whatever." "I'm not going." "You go get it." She challenged him.

"Fuck you think you talkin' tahh like dat?" He told her as he got up and walked closer to her.

"You!"

When Nikita said that, something inside August snap. He grab her neck and push her against the wall.

"Nikita, listen carefully and listen tahh me real good." "I don't kno' what the fuck is wrong wit' ya, but you better clean dat shit up." "I'm not playin' wit' dumb ass no mo'."

"Fuck you, August!" She huffed.

August is furious at this point. He slap her then bang her head on the wall.

"Ouch, that hurts like motherfucker." "Let me stop talking shit before I get seriously hurt." Nikita thought to herself.

She groans softly, and August starts fingering her.

"Why must you talk tahh me like dat, baybeh?" "I'm only tryna keep ya safe from this cruel world." "I'm sorry dat it have tahh be this way." August whispered to her as he continued to finger her.