Chapter Thirty Six Continued

"Melly B wassup my nigga. How ya been man?"

"Wassup, Yung. Been straight. Ya kno' how it is." Melvin smiled at August while August chuckles at his response.

Melvin daps August then gives Nikita a big bear hug.

"Hey, Melvin." Nikita started to smiled.

"Wassup lil lady."

"Well, come on. Ma is waitin' on our asses."

"Ight," August responded to Melvin.

Melvin walks to his car and gets inside his car and start it. August opens the door to the backseat for Nikita and closes it. August opens the passenger seat and gets in. Melvin starts to pull out of the parking lot and begins driving to Sheila's house. Melvin and August has been conversing back and forth catching it up on business and things that August been missing out on and drama. Nikita listens to them while looking out the window.

"Ya kno' Peter?" Melvin asked him.  

"From whaa'? Family guy?" He slightly chuckled.  

"Nahh nigga." Melvin side-eyed him and shook his head. 

This nigga. Melvin thought.

"Peter from LA. Tha' nigga who we were cool wit' back in the day." 

August starts to think and slowly remembers the man.  

"Yeah, man I think I kno' you're talkin' bout.  What bout him?" 

"He's gettin' married next month." 

"Oh, word?" 

"Yeah man." 

"That's wassup. Niggas settlin' down, I see." August started to smile. 

"Sumthin' dat ya should be doin'." 

August chuckles and looks at him.  

"Maybe lata' on in life but not right na'." 

"Ight, yungin'. Rememba' dat. Don't wait too long. Ya hear me?" 

"Yea, I hear ya Melly. I gotchu." 

They continue talking until Melvin pulls up at the driveway and parks. Melvin and August get out of the car then Nikita opens the door while August holds it for her. August closes the car door behind her then they begin to walks towards the house. Melvin knocks on the door and waits for Sheila to come to the door.  

"Who is it?" 

"It's us, ma." 

Sheila opened the door for them and smiles. 

"Hey, mama." August greeted her with a smile and a hug.  

"Hey suga." Sheila gave August a kiss on the cheek.  

They let go of each other then Sheila gives Nikita a hug.  

"Hey, sweetie. How are you?" 

"Hey, Sheila. I'm good." 

"Gud tahh hear dat. I'm still cooking. Y'all sit down and do sumthin' tahh occupy yo'self." She walked to the kitchen to finished cooking.  

They all sit down on the sofas and talk among themselves. Minutes later they could hear Travis' voice from the kitchen talking to Sheila.  

"Mama, I'm sorry I didn't get there earlier," Travis told her. 

"Baybeh, it's okay. You got there when you can and that's all it matters."