Chapter Twenty Eight

July 16, 2016

Nikita packs her luggage to take an early flight to New Jersey, so she will be there in time. August is still not talking to her. She feel kind of bad to leave him in the dark for so long. Nikita is planning on coming back tonight, but her instinct is telling her that she is most likely staying longer than she plan. She packs extra clothes just in case. Nikita walks downstairs with her luggage and her purse then looks at August sitting on the couch, debating to talk to him or not. She takes a deep breath and begins to speak.

"August, I'm leaving."

"Ight, bye." August waved her off.

She puts her luggage down along with her purse and walks toward him.

"Why are you being like this?" "Are you that mad at me?"

August did not make no eye contact with her at all. August closes his eyes tight and breath out all of the anger he have inside him.

"I want ya tahh leave befo' I make ya stay." August told her before getting up and walking away.

Nikita tries to stop him by touching him.

"Aug-,"

August looks at her and jerks her hand off him.

"What did I tell ya about puttin' yo damn hands on me?!" He yelled at her, making Nikita jump a little.

Nikita never seen him this angry before. It is making her scared and very uncomfortable around him. August's veins from his neck starts to pop out and his nose starts to flare a bit.

"I'm sorry."

"You should be sorry." "Go befo' I make ya stay."

Nikita looks at him, wanting to know what he means by that.

"You can't make me stay here."

He laughs and gives her an evil glare. He walks closer to her and begins to speak, making Nikita regret even saying it.

"Yes, I can."

"How?"

"I could throw ya ova' my shoulda' and take you tahh tha' Red Room then chain ya up tahh tha' ceilin'." "There is a lotta ways I could do tahh make ya stay." "Don't unda'estimate me, Nikita."

August's voice is too eerie for Nikita. It's so thick and deeper than it usually is. August grabs her waist and begins to whisper.

"You wouldn't want dat, would ya?" "Now dat you're goin' tahh see yo parents."

Nikita is too scared to move and speak.

"Answer me." He told her softly.

"N-no." She stuttered.

"Good."

August tilts her chin to the right side and lightly kiss her cheek. He let go of her and looks at her. August wants her to be scared of him just for a while, so he didn't have any guilt of making her feel this way.

"You can go now."

Nikita hurriedly grabs her luggage, August's keys, and her purse then walks out of the door. She laid her back against the door for a minute with her left hand over her heart, trying to slow down her breathing. After Nikita calm down, she look up and see a man by the limo.

"Are you okay, Miss. Swann?!" He hollered.

"Yes, I'm fine!" She yelled him as she cleared her throat.