●~Chapter 22: Heat?~●

You took the calendar and went to Sans's room. There was no arguing whatsoever. You entered to see frisk laying on Sans's bed as Sans was on the floor.

"Sup Kiddo?"

"Hey Sans, why does Papyrus want me to stay away from him?"

"What?! What are ya talking bout? He loves you like crazy!"

"Yeah... but look at this..."

You gave Sans the calendar. Sans blushed slightly and gave you a worried look. He was sweating and looked pretty nervous.

"Uhh... kid.... um... D-Do you k-know about...heat?"

"Heat? Um...No...? I've never heard of it."

"Uh...ok ok. I'll give it to you straight." He took a deep breath and gave me a serious look.

"Heat is... well... All monsters have it. It's when a monster's sexual desires act up. Every year, it happens and the process is 3 days. Papyrus wants to keep you away from him because he might... heh...make the move..."

"If every monster has it... then you gotta keep frisk away from you when you're going through heat?"

"That's the drill."

You looked at Sans with a confused expression. "Then.. what can I do?"

"For the 3 days, just stay away from him as much as possible. Trust me, its harder from him then it is for you. His love for you is unconditional. His mindset is to protect you, so he'll try to hold everything back for your safety. If you stay away from him, it's easier for him to protect you. Got it?"

"Got it."

"So If you have heat... then I gotta go out too?" Frisk spoke. Sans jumped.

"F-FRISK!?!?!? YOU'RE AWAKE?!?!?!"

"I was never sleeping, idiot. And, I didn't know you had feelings for me."

There was an awkward silence in the room. You stood up and left, closing the door behind you. You placed the calendar back to where it was before and went down the stairs.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

Sans, Frisk and Papyrus were downstairs watching TV. You took the cake out and placed icing all over the cake. You then cut the cake and served it to them.

Sans, Papyrus and Frisk enjoyed the cake, but you were pre-occupied on Papyrus. You were worried... what would you do?

Papyrus then grunted. He didn't look well. Sans put his hand on Papyrus's head. "Yo boss, I think it's time ya take a rest."

"...alright..."

Papyrus went up the stairs. "(Y/N) will be sleeping in your room for awhile Sans... just.. keep her company. I've already put the pillow and blanket in Sans's room. Goodnight..."

"Oh god... it's starting."

"I'm... scared..." you said. You didn't feel comfortable...

"Hey now, every monster goes through it. At least it isn't once every month. It's only once a year."

"I'm... going to bed..." you ran up the staircase and went into Sans's room. You lay on the floor, you were so worried. "Would he be ok? Would he go crazy?" You thought so hard that you fell asleep in seconds...

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Bang...
Bang..!
BANG!!!

You awoke to the sound of loud banging. Frisk and Sans was asleep, Snowdin was dark. It was still night. You went outside and found that the banging sound came from Papyrus's room.

You sat down and leaned on Papyrus's door. "Hey buddy... you still awake?"

"(Y/N)?! Why are you up?!"

"I... couldn't sleep..."

"Um... you know what's going on right?"

"Yeah... you okay buddy?"

Papyrus's POV
I was training and trying to control my emotions and feelings when I heard (y/n) speak.

I put down my sword and leaned against the door. I could tell she was there, sitting and leaning against the other side of the door.

I can't open the door for her and smile at her like I always do. I'll just attack her and... sigh...

"I'm fine. How are you doing?"

"Papyrus...*sniff* I'm scared..."

"Don't cry... I'm fine! I don't want you to worry."

"You're... gonna be fine.. right?"

"Yes..."

Her voice was shaky. She was crying because she was afraid of me getting hurt. My poor girl...

"Don't worry sweetheart, it'll be over in three days."

"Alright *sniff*"