●~Chapter 21: Baking!~●

Papyrus and You got home and got out some ingredients. "Hmm? (Y/N), go wait outside. I'll be fi--"

"I want to help! Plus, it will be fun for the both of us making the cake together!"

"Well it is your birthday so... alright. Do as you please, my queen" papyrus bowed gracefully. You kissed the top of his head while he was doing so.

He then took out a small bowl and a recipe book. "Cake.. cake... cake...
There it is! Alright. Let's get started! But first..."

Papyrus took a spare apron from the rack in the kitchen and put it on you. He tightened it and it fit like a glove.

"Use to be mine when I was your age. Since Sans doesn't cook, you can have it."

"Alright Sentry! Let's get cooking!"

You cracked the eggs and put in the flour. Papyrus added the butter and the sugar. Baking soda and milk were added too! Papyrus started mixing.

"I'm no expert at cooking or baking, but I bet this is gonna taste great!"

Papyrus placed his finger in some leftover flour and touched your nose. "Did you just put flour on my nose?"

"Yep. You have a white nose now."
Papyrus chuckled as he mixed the batter. He then poured the batter onto a cake tray. The batter filled up to the brim.

"Looks like we made a great amount!"

"Now all we gonna do it put it in the oven."

"THEN WE CAN MAKE FROSTING!!" You loved frosting. It was the best thing about any cake. Papyrus wiped off the flour from your nose before patting your head.

"Yeah, frosting as sweet as you are." You blushed. "Papyrus!! You flatter me" You teased. He kissed your cheek.

He then took out some icing sugar. He used his magic to whip up some frosting. He took a spoon and scooped up some frosting.

The spoon was then given to you. "Tell me if it's sweet enough." You licked the spoon. You jumped multiple times since it was so good.

"Do you have food colouring? I want it to be red!!" You exclaimed making Papyrus smiled with delight. "Red it is, my lady"

He took out a small bottle of red food colouring from the cabinet. He opened the bottle and placed 3 drops of the colouring into the icing and mixed.

It turned into a very nice shade of red. "PERFECT!!" Just in time too! The cake just finished baking. It was fast because of magic...again...

The cake was left on the counter to cool and the icing was placed in the fridge.

Sans and frisk came home. "You gotta be more careful kid! Can't believe you're so reckless!"

"Well, it isn't my fault! Who was the one who didn't help me this morning?"

"Oh my gosh, Frisk! Can't believe I gotta look out for you. You almost drowned in waterfall!"

"Not my fault that I can't swi--"

"Yes, it is! YOU cant swim. So it IS your fault!"

They argued as the walked up the stair and slammed the door behind them.

"Wow... that was... awkward..."

"Yeah... Should we go-"

"No.. it'll only make it worse. Let them work it out."

"Alright."

You and papyrus sat on the couch. You then layed on Papyrus's lap. "Dude... I'm bored."

"What? We just made a cake!"

"I know but..."

"Oh! I just remembered! I gotta go get something from the store. I'll be quick."

Papyrus walked out and closed the front door. You paced around. You walked up the stairs and went into papyrus's room.

You then saw a calendar. There were red scribbles on three of the days. There was a small note written on the dates.

"Keep (Y/N) away"

Now, why would Papyrus want to keep you away from him? What did he not want you to know?