19

Percy's POV:

I was in my cabin, thinking about what would happen in just a few more hours, when Annabeth came and asked if I wanted to hang out with her.
"Sure." I replied, knowing that my plan wouldn't be getting any better.
"Where are we going?" I asked her, smiling.
"To the beach." She replied happily.
When we got to the beach, Annabeth lay down in the sand and I followed her example.
"So, how you been feeling?" She asked me.
I shrugged. "I'm okay. Why?"
"Well," she began. "You did just get possessed, and well, you look a little pale."
I groaned a little. "Will people just stop saying that?" I asked. "For the last time, I'm fine!" I didn't really feel fine, but all my illness was only because my body couldn't fully handle Ouranos. It would go away when I got the stone.
Annabeth looked taken aback. "Who else said that?"
"Grover." I replied, standing. Annabeth stood up next to me.
"Sorry..." she said quietly.
I rubbed my aching forehead and sighed. "No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..."
"It's okay." Annabeth smiled and leaned in to kiss me.
I draped my arms around her shoulders. When she leaned away, I realized I was leaning with her. The dizziness came out of no where.
"Percy?" Annabeth asked, her voice sounded far away. "Are you okay?"
And suddenly the sand rushed up to meet me, and everything went back.

~time skip - one hour later~

I woke, once again, in an unbelievablely comfortable bed, not knowing how I'd gotten there.
I opened my eyes to see Will, the seven, and Grover, crowded around me. Annabeth was the first who noticed I was awake.
"Hey." She said gently.
I grinned at her. "We have got to stop meeting like this." I joked.
Annabeth smiled and rolled her eyes as I looked around at everyone.
"How long was I out?" I asked.
"About an hour," Will replied. "And I'd like to keep you here a little longer. We still don't know what caused you to faint."
I nodded. "Yeah, sure thing."
As Will took my blood, I talked with the others. "You really gave us a scare Waterboy." Said Jason, grinning.
"Sorry." I said. "Next time I'll tell you in advance before I pass out."
Jason grinned, and Will turned to face me.
"Do you have any idea why you'd faint like that?" He asked.
I shook my head and Will went on. "Have you been eating alright?" He asked. I nodded. "Sleeping okay?" I nodded again. "Have you been experiencing dizziness?"
"No." I replied.
"Are you tired now?"
"Yeah, I guess."
"Well," Will said with a sigh, "I'm going to run some tests, and I'll be back when I get the results. Don't go anywhere."
I nodded and he left.
"I'll be right back, okay?" Annabeth told me, kissing my forehead.
"Okay." I replied, and watched her walk out the door.

Annabeth' POV:

"Will!" I called.
The son of Apollo turned to me, looking concerned.
"Something wrong?" He asked.
I nodded, then shrugged a little. "Well, I know for a fact that Percy was lying back there." Great. Now Will looked confused and concerned. "What about?" He asked.
"He hasn't been eating much at all, and I highly doubt he's slept more than a few hours this week. He keeps dozing off at random times of the day, and he's been pale since yesterday morning."
Will nodded, eyebrows furrowed, and said he'd see what he could do. Ugh, doctors.
I walked back into Percy's room to find him fast asleep. Only Grover, Leo, Jason and Piper were still there.
"Hey," Jason greeted me. "We were talking to him, and he just sort of dozed off." He added when he saw my worried glance at Percy.
I nodded and sat down next to him. "Yeah," I said. "I don't think he's been sleeping too well lately."
"I know." Jason replied, and Piper, Leo and, Grover both nodded their heads in agreement.
I reached up and felt Percy's forehead. "He's got a fever." I said. "It feels pretty bad."
"I'll go tell Will." Grover said, leaving the room.
As gently as I could, I brushed Percy's hair off of his forehead and planted a soft kiss in the center.
I hoped Will found out what was wrong with him soon. He's burning up, and he's been acting weird for days. Ever since Ouranos... no...no, he's fine. He has to be...

Quiz time!!!!

Q: Why did Annabeth run away when she was seven? (Hint: has to do with spiders)