18

Percy's POV:

I was walking around random places in camp with Annabeth, when Grover and Nico ran out of the woods. I noticed Nico was protecting something small in his hands. Curiosity got the better of me, and I told Annabeth I wanted to see what they were up to.
"Curiosity killed the cat Seaweedbrain." She said playfully.
"Ignorance killed the cat," I replied. "Curiosity was framed." And with that, I jogged after them.
Hiding just out of sight of the Big House, I could see Dionysus leave, while Grover and Nico stayed and talked with Chiron. Sadly, I couldn't hear what they were saying, but when Nico opened his hand to reveal a glowing purple stone, I knew he'd found what so many others couldn't.
After watching them talk for a few minutes, a walked over to them, acting normal but curious.
Nico closed his hand when he saw me, hiding the stone from view, but he knew it was too late, I'd already seen.
"What's that?" I asked, pointing to his pale hand.
Nico looked back at Chiron, who nodded, though hesitantly, and Nico showed me the stone.
Yes! That's the stone!
Do I take it?
No, wait, and take it when they let the guard down.
"What is it?" I asked, trying my best to play dumb. And, contrary to popular belief, it was a hard thing for me to do.
"It's nothing." Nico said sharply. "We just found it lying in the dirt, out in the forest."
"Really?" I asked. "Where?"
"Out by the path we take to get to the center of the creek." Grover replied. He sounded guarded...
Why? I would never hurt him...
Focus! Ouranos hissed.
"Can I see it?" I asked.
"You probably shouldn't touch it." Chiron replied. "The stone is very powerful, there's no telling what it will do."
"Nico's touching it." I pointed out stubborn.
"Yes, well," Chiron began, "Grover couldn't, and we aren't sure who it effects. Better safe than sorry."
I nodded, knowing that I would have to steal the stone sometime later.
"Do you know where we're going to keep it?" I asked.
"'We'?" Asked Nico.
"Yeah." I replied. "I wanna make up for all the things Ouranos made me do. This could be a start."
"Percy," Grover began. "You don't have to make up for anything. None of that was you, remember?"
"No, actually. I don't." I lied. Grover looked down at his dirty hooves and mumbled an apology. "It's okay G-man." I said.
"We don't know were we're gong to hide it yet." Nico confessed. "Until we find a better place, I'll be keeping it with me, in my cabin."
I nodded, "Sounds like a good plan." It'd be easier to steal if it was only Nico. No matter how powerful he is, Ouranos is, and always will be, stronger.
And that is why we will win.
Yes, you've told me. And I still don't think we should kill A-
We've discussed this already! You are to kill them when I tell you the time is right, and that is final!
I cringed. Yes sir.
"You okay Perce?" Grover asked.
"Huh?" I asked. "Oh, yeah I'm fine." I told him, but I could tell he wasn't convinced.
"You sure?" He asked me. "You look a little pale...maybe you should lie down."
"Dude, I'm fine." I said, grinning at him. He gave me a look that said he still didn't believe me.
I sighed. "Okay, well, I'm gonna go train or... something. I'll see you later." I turned to leave, but looked back at Nico. "You sure you don't want any help with that?" I asked, nodding at the stone.
He nodded back. "I'm sure."
You must get it tonight! We are running out of time!
I know! Don't you think I can feel it too? Don't worry, I'll steal it tonight.
You'd better, or we'll both pay the price of your failure.
And if I can't take the stone tonight? I asked.
It may not be too late, but you have no idea what is at risk here. It is a very delicate situation, and must be handled as so. If you fail tonight, we may not get another chance before we both die.
But, it's only you who's dyeing, isn't it?
If I die, you die with me, make no mistake of that. Now go, you must prepare.
...Yes sir...

Quiz time!!!

Q: Where did Percy and Nico first meet?