16

Nico's POV:

After Capture the Flag, I was sitting in my cabin with Will, talking about how I was worried about Percy.
"Hey," he said, draping his arm gently around my shoulders. "He'll be okay."
"Yeah," I replied, leaning a little into his chest. "But I just feel like...I don't know, like something's off."
"Relax Death Boy, like I said, he'll be fine."
"Yeah, I guess your right. I'm just being paranoid."
Will kissed my forehead, and we sat there, talking about everything that's happened and how we never really get 'alone time' anymore. I asked him about his 'job' at the infirmary and he asked about the nightmares I get sometimes.
"They're about....that place."
"What?" He asked gently. "You mean Tart-"
"Please don't say it!" I said quickly, getting off the bed.
"Nico," Will said gently. "It's just a name, it can't hurt you."
"Names have power." I reminded him.
"I choose to believe that names only have the power you give them." He countered.
Sitting back down, and leaning back, I sighed. "Yeah, but you weren't there. You don't know how bad it is."
"Maybe not," he replied, "but I know how good things can be."
I smiled a little. "It's getting late Sunshine," I said. "You should get back to your cabin."
"You gonna have nightmares again?" He asked me.
I shrugged. "You never know."
"Hey," he said, "when I was little, my mother used to sing this song to me when I had nightmares. You want me to-"
"No," I said. "Not really."
"You sure? It worked for me, I was out within the first few lyrics and-"
"I'm good Sunshine."
"You know I'm gonna sing it anyway, right?" He asked.
"I had a feeling." I replied, smirking. "But that doesn't mean I approve."
"Doesn't matter to me." Will replied, smiling, and he began to sing. "Hey Jude, don't make it bad, take a sad song, and make it better. Remember, to let her into your heart, then you can start to make it better..."
Will was right. I think it was his 'Apollo voice' or something, but soon I was very relaxed by his singing, and fell into a deep sleep.

~time skip - next morning~

Percy's POV:

I woke up early in the morning, and decided to go back into the woods and look for the stone. I doubted I'd find it today, but I knew I still had to try.
Pulling a shirt over my head and throwing on some new jeans, I slipped on my shoes and began making my way to the forest. Everything seemed so...quiet. The camp was never really quiet, except in the early morning, like now, when the sun hadn't even come up, and everything seemed to be at peace.
I always enjoyed this time, but now was not the time to take in scenery. I had to focus at the task at hand.
Going deeper into the woods, I searched high and low, occasionally finding a small cave that I explored, finding nothing. No sign that the imperium stone had ever existed.
From what Ouranos had told me about it's enchantments, the stone could be hidden by something that turned it invisible to the 'unworthy'. That's the myth anyway, and the myths usually turn out to be true.
But we are worthy. Ouranos was wronged. He deserves his revenge.
Yes, I do. He whispered in the back of my mind. And so do you Perseus.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
Remember that they betrayed you. Even Athena's spawn.
"Annabeth didn't know what she was doing..." I said slowly. My thoughts felt slower too...that was happening a lot lately...
She knew perfectly well what she was doing. Ouranos continued. She willingly betrayed you, and so did the others. The camp deserves to perish with everything else. Don't you want that Perseus?
"Hmm..." I said. "...maybe..."
You should. You should want their destruction more than anything.
"...but Annabeth..."
She doesn't care about you anymore! Nor do the camp, not even your own mother cares enough to write to you anymore! It's only me Perseus. You can only trust me.
I felt like he was somehow right. But it was still hard to believe. I couldn't wrap my mind around the full thing. Annabeth didn't care? But she was my girlfriend. And my mom? The others?
Perseus. Said Ouranos. You should keep looking for the stone.
I agreed with him, and kept looking. I knew I'd missed breakfast but I didn't care. I just kept looking. I searched and searched until I heard footsteps, then Annabeth calling my name.
...Annabeth...
I shook my head, trying to clear it, and called back to her. "Yeah," I yelled. "Over here."
The steps grew closer, and within seconds, Annabeth appeared next to me.
"What are you doing all the way out here?" She asked.
She wouldn't go looking for me if she didn't still care.
"I was just taking a morning walk. Couldn't sleep." I told her.
"Oh, well you missed breakfast. We should head back to camp before the monsters come."
"Yeah," I replied. "Lets go."

Quiz time:

Q: Why don't Poseidon and Athena like each other? (Main reason)