5

Annabeth's POV:

Okay, now I was worried.
Percy never acted like that, especially not with Grover. He's pushing us all away, and getting, angrier.
I wish he'd just talk to us, maybe we could help.
I was walking to the big house, to talk with Chiron, when Nico ran up to me, looking determined.
"We need to talk." He said.
"What about?"
The son of Hades didn't answer. He just pulled me into the Big House, where all the head councilors were already waiting. All, but Percy.

Nico's POV:

I had to tell them. It was getting stronger and Percy was getting weaker. Even if I didn't know for sure what it was, I knew that outcome wouldn't be good.
"Nico," Chiron asked me, "Why are we here?"
"Yeah," Annabeth said, "And where's Percy?"
This was followed by more questions, and Clovis's light snoring near the corner of the room.
"It's about Percy." I told them. "Something's wrong."
"Yeah," Jason said, "We know."
"No, you don't." I replied. I began explaining my theory, and that there was something magically wrong with Percy. I told them how I thought someone or something, was trying to break free. Through Percy.
They believed me, and the Hecate head councilor, Lou Ellen, said that it was possible, and that she'd have to get close to Percy to be sure.
"Wait," Annabeth said, "what would this do to Percy?"
Everyone turned to me, and I hesitated a moment, before answering. "Well," I said. "That depends on the intentions of whoever is trying to... break through."
"What do you mean, 'break through'?" Annabeth asked.
"Whoever this is, they're trapped, or weak, but growing stronger as Percy grows weaker, and, like the gods, their power will strengthen with belief and followers. The same thing happened with Kronos, he could only possess Luke, after Ethan pledged his allegiance to him..."
"Wait, so someone's trying to possess Percy?" Said Leo, who'd been oddly quiet the whole meeting.
"I never said that!" I quickly stated.
"But it's possible?" Annabeth was shaking now.
"Is it possible?!?"
"Yes, that's one possibility. And that's only if I'm right about all this. I've made mistakes before, and I don't have much experience with this kind of thing..."
Thankfully, Chiron spoke up, "We can, keep an eye on him for now, but don't tell him anything until we know for sure. Lou can try getting close to him, but be careful. Piper and Annabeth can help you."
Lou nodded, and looked at the other girls. They all had determined looks in their eyes, and Annabeth had that look that sent chills, even down my spine.
They started talking to each other about what they'd do, while the rest of us talked about what we'd do to help Percy, should we be right, and worst goes to worst.

~time jump, one day~

Percy's POV:

I was training again, practicing with my sword when I heard footsteps behind me. I could tell it was multiple people, and I was still pretty wired, and accidentally swung my sword, stopping just as the blade touched Lou Ellen's throat. She gasped, but didn't move.
I smiled a little at her fear, and removed the blade from her neck, and backed away, "Sorry." I said, though my tone may have sounded harsher than I meant.
"I-it's okay Percy." She stammered.
I nodded, as I noticed the other two girls with her. Annabeth and Piper, who were both starring at me with shocked looks. "I didn't know you guys were all friends." I stated flatly.
"We just started hanging out." Piper told me, stepping up. "You look exhausted Percy. Maybe you should take a break."
I wanted to, but then, that little voice, in the back of my head, was saying that I shouldn't.  "No," I said, turning my back to them. "I need to get better."
"But, you've been practicing all day," Piper insisted. "Come hang out with us. It'll be fun."
I turned back to the trio, looking them over carefully.
"Please, Percy." Said Piper.
"I-I guess that'd be okay." I said, "but just for a little bit..."
"Deal." She and Annabeth each grabbed one of my arms, and Lou took up the rear. They dragged me all the way to the dock, were we all sat on the wooden edge, with our feet in the water.
"So, what made you want to take me with you guys?" I asked.
It was Lou who answered. "Well, we just thought you'd been working yourself too hard, and that you needed a break."
I nodded. "I should get back to train-"
"Wait," Piper told me, placing a hand on my arm, to keep me there. "Just, stay here a while. It's really beautiful out here, and the sun will be setting soon."
She was right, it was pretty cool, and with the sun setting on the water, I should stay with the girls.
I looked at Piper for a moment, then nodded, settling back down beside her and Annabeth, who had Lou next to her.
Piper sighed, but I just ignored it, and tried to relax.
Piper kept talking about the scene, and how calming the water was, and I couldn't help but agree with her. I soon forgot about training, and just let myself relax by the water.
I felt Annabeth's hand in mine, and she rested her hand on my shoulder.
"I love you Seaweed Brain." She whispered.
"I love you too Wisegirl."