30

Percy's POV:

Dionysus walked into my room slowly, like he was unsure, or just being cautious. Funny. I've never seen him like that. Then again, I don't think anyone has.
"Hello, Percy." He greeted me quietly.
"You used my real name..." I stated. He has only ever done that once, and he's denied it ever since. Odd.
"Yes." Dionysus agreed. "I'm here to help you."
That shocked me. Never in my entire life have I thought, even for a second, that Dionysus would ever help me. Curse me, belittle me, and mock me, yes, but help me? Never.
"No one can help me." I replied. I was a lost cause. They should all just give up on me already.
"Well, then, I'm going to try." The god replied stubbornly, stepping closer to my bed.
I sighed, knowing that the wine god wouldn't be giving up easily, and that it would probably be better to just let him do whatever he was about to do.
"How?" I asked tiredly.
"It may take some time, but I think I can help your mental state."
"My mental state?" I asked.
"When Apollo and his child, Bill-"
"Will." I corrected him half-heartedly.
"Whatever. When they tried to purge you of Ouranos, they had to reach inside you, and take him out of your very soul. This, along with everything else you have encountered in your short life, has had dire consequences when it comes to your mental health."
"So how are you going to 'help' me?" I asked, bored and only half-listening to his response. He could've tried to kill me and I doubt I would have even flinched.
"I'm going to tap into your subconscious mind and fix you." He deadpanned.
"Wait, what?!" I asked, but before I could react, he placed a hand on my forehead, and my mind went blissfully blank. I couldn't think, and I didn't want to.
"That's right, just relax Jackson." The man above me said.
Then I closed my eyes and fell into a deep, deep sleep.

Dionysus' POV:

I watched as Percy relaxed, and then as he fell asleep, before finally, I entered his subconscious mind.
There he was, standing, looking around at the confusion and chaos that had become his mind. Every scene from every war was being replayed before our eyes. No wonder he was losing it.
The most vibrant and important parts were when he hurt someone he cared about, or otherwise, was innocent. And that even started before Ouranos.
The beginning of it was during his first war, when he got Luke killed. Of course, that's not at all what happened, but it's what he's convinced himself happened. He carries the blame of thousands. I'm not sure even I can untangle this web of confusion, lies, guilt, and all out war inside Percy's mind.
He thinks he's the reason Luke was possessed by Kronos in the first place. That he got Bianca DeAngelo killed, as well as Zoë Nightshade. Everything that has ever gone wrong in someone else's life. He carries their guilt. Their pain.
He even blames himself for being born. That if he hadn't been born in the first place, the first war may never have happened, and his mother may have had a happier life. That she may have found a nice, decent husband, and never had to work so hard to make ends meet.
And all of that's before the second war! There are countless other memories that have been warped by guilt and anger. That had been twisted, whether from the pain of Ouranos or his own insanity, I do not know. But I do know that I will have to try to help him. No matter how long it takes. Or how painful it gets.
So I picked one of the oldest memories, since that would be the easiest to fix, and I got to work.
Percy screamed as I healed him. All of his memories are so deeply embedded into his very sense of being that they've become a part of his very existence. This may be harder than I thought.
Finally, I managed to fix two memories before I and I were both completely drained.
I left his mind to find him sweating and panting on the bed, but still asleep.
I exited the room to find Will waiting. "Well?" He asked eagerly.
I looked at the annoying toddler he was. "He's resting. Give it time. Don't disturb me." I told him, before leaving him so I could get some rest.