7

Lou's POV:

I explained all I could, trying my best to put it gently, without lying. "Well," I began. "He dose have his own thoughts, but they're... confused. Percy is being influenced by someone or something weak, who's getting stronger."
"Wait, so Percy's mind is fine?" Leo asked.
I shook my head. "No, I just said he's being influenced, meaning, yes, he thinks for himself, but, someone is, sort of pushing evil into him. Percy is feeling the need and desires of whoever this is, and doesn't think they're that bad."
"But is he a threat?" Asked Clarisse.
"Yes, and no." I replied. "He can try fighting this off, but is very weak right now, and probably won't even want to. Piper can't Charmspeak him forever, and the Percy we know is getting weaker, that's why Nico felt like he was dying."
"So, how do we fix it?" Annabeth asked.
I sighed. "I'm sorry Annabeth, but I don't know. We can look for a cure, but for now, the only thing I can think of is Percy fighting it off by himself."

Percy's POV:

~dream~

"Hello, Percy." He says. He still hasn't told me his name, but I'm fine with that. I need to trust him.
"Piper," I told him slowly. "We can't trust her anymore..."
"Yes, I know." He replied. "But, at least we know she'll be an enemy, and she still believes we do trust her."
"How will that help?"
"Aphrodite children have always been weak, Percy. I've never had any reason to want one on my side, as a follower. But this, Piper, she is different from her half siblings. She is stronger, smarter. And if she knows what's good for her, she'll join us when the time comes. But for now, we must leave. The girl, Lou Ellen, she knows what I am."
"Where will we go?" I asked.
"That doesn't matter. We just need to go anywhere but here."
I nodded, He knew what was best. He always did.
~end of dream~

Annabeth's POV:

I decided that I'd go see Percy, so I could be there when he woke. That meant skipping breakfast, but I didn't care.
It was a beautiful morning, and maybe, that was a good omen.
As I walked into his cabin, I knocked, just in case he was already up. I saw that he was still on his bed, right where Piper and I left him the night before.
He was talking in his sleep, and I heard my name. He looked troubled, and I hoped he wasn't having a nightmare.
I then heard, 'come back', and that worried me. Come back to where? Camp? If so, where was he going?
I decided to try waking him, in case Piper's Charmspeak had worn off.
I shook his shoulder a few times, and called his name. It took a few minutes of this, but he finally cracked open his eyes, and looked up at me.
"Good morning, Seaweed brain." I said, trying to sound as normal as I could.
"What time is it?" He asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"9:35." I replied. "Sorry, you missed breakfast, but lunch isn't that far away."
"Okay." He sounded distant. Distracted. I wondered if he was really planning on leaving the camp.
"Annabeth..." he said slowly.
"Yeah, Percy?"
"Last night, Piper-" he was cut off by a knock on the door.
"Hold that thought." I said, trying my best to fake a clueless smile, as I got up, and opened the door.
"Hey," I told Jason, as he walked in.
"Hey. Is Percy up yet? I wanted to practice with him this morning."
He gave me a look, that said he was asking if he was okay. "Yeah, he's over on his bed."
"Not anymore." Percy said, walking over to us. "Hi Jason. How are you?"
"Good. You?"
"Good."
For some reason, there was a tension between the boys. I knew why Jason wouldn't trust Percy right now, but why was Percy so upset? I wondered briefly if he was onto us.
He was going to tell me about Piper. He must have guessed that she was Charmspeaking him last night!
Alright, don't panic. I told myself. You'll figure something out...

Percy's POV:

Jason.
If Piper was a part of tricking me, then so was Jason. They told each other everything.
It was looking like the only one I could trust was Annabeth, I couldn't put any faith in anyone else, especially when I know so little about this.
She could help us. She could tell us what was going on inside the camp, when we left. I hope she understands, but first, I need to get rid of Jason.
"I'm sorry," I told him, faking my empathy. "I wanted to hang out with Annabeth this morning. We haven't had much time together since the war..."
Jason nodded. "Okay then, I'll leave you two alone."
Finally! He whispered in my mind. I thought he'd never leave.
I agreed.
Turning to Annabeth, I saw a worried look, but she quickly changed it when I said, "There's something important I need to tell you."
"What is it?"
"Piper, I don't think we can trust her." I said. "She was Charmspeaking me last night, and possibly you too. And Lou Ellen, well, I don't think we can trust her either. I think she was in on it."
Annabeth stood there, a mixture of shock and worry in her eyes. "What will you do?" She asked.
"I need to leave camp." I told her. "At least, until I can sort through what's going on. Everything's... confusing right now. I need time to clear my head."
She nodded. "When will you leave?"
"Right now." I replied, grabbing a backpack and throwing some cloths in it.
Annabeth was now looking panicked.
"Percy, wait!" She said. "You can't just leave! What will I tell the other campers?"
"Your smart, you'll think of something." I was now walking out the door. "I'll Iris message you when I get where I'm going, which shouldn't take long."
She was still talking, but I couldn't hear her now, He was talking too loud.
Hurry Percy. We don't have much time, the other campers will notice you leaving. We need to escape!
He kept talking all the way up Half-Blood Hill, and Annabeth was frantic by then.
I told her, that I'd be in touch, and she gave me a pleading look.
"Please don't go." She said. "Think about what you're doing Percy."
"I have thought about it." I told her calmly. "I can't trust people here Annabeth. Don't worry, I'll be back if you need me, and I'll Iris message you."
She looked at me for a long time, as I walked down the hill, and vanished from her sight.