Chap-33

*Unedited*

"It's so good" The flavours erupted like fireworks in my mouth.

Zain grinned, with his 'I told you so' look.

"Try this" He said stuffing a piece of paratha in my mouth. The tint of green chutney along with the paneer in it, brought life to my senses.

"Why haven't I been here before?"

"You are now" He answered with a satisfied smile.

There is nothing special about this place. It is just a small dhaba which sells the best parathas I've ever tasted. Stuffings has its own list, from the classic potato to chicken. We ordered everything, literally every single kind of paratha they made. I don't know how we are going to finish them, but the thought of having makes me drool already.

Zain said he used to come here during his college. I can't believe I haven't been to this place.Trust me, the taste is amazing.

"You know?" He started. "I have escaped few times without paying bill"

I almost choked on the water. "Seriously?" This man is capable of doing that. I always thought him to be a upright, generous without any mischiefs. But man, I was wrong.

"Yup!" He nodded proudly. "We escaped three or four times but then the owner recognized us and made us to pay. It was always Hassan's idea. The thrill was in running way" He laughed reminiscing his carefree times.

One story led to other and I found myself very much interested in them. The way he said those, the way he listened to mine and the way he laughed did a lot to my poor heart.

The long talks and the delicious taste filled my tummy so much, that it was only when the last paratha came in I felt I couldn't have more. One more bite, everything will surely come out.

"I can't" I leaned back on my seat.

"What should I do with it now?" Zain asked biting down his food. Well, he looked kinda funny talking with his mouth full.

"Stuff yourself. I am full"

"I can't eat the whole by myself. I am a second away from exploding." He tore a generous amount of paratha. "Also you can't ignore the last one" He said, before stuffing it in my mouth.

"Ahh" I fanned my mouth as fast as can. "Hawwtt"

He laughed like a maniac at my reaction. What did he put? Burning coal? I scowled at him reply. Only when I thought he can be trusted. Traitor.

"You should have some water" With a smirk, he offered the glass.

"Thanks for your kindness, my lord." A large gulp helped in settling out the temperature.

Shaking his head he proceeded eating away the rest, but I beat him in that. His eyebrows shot up. "Someone said they are full"

"Well I didn't really get the taste before" I winked at him. I have eaten a lot, but I know I would always regret not trying this last paratha.

We strolled to the car to burn out some calories. We have already held each other's hand many times, but now it feels different. Like holding it for eternity.

"Ice cream?" He suggested.

"Always!" I beamed a smile at him.

He bought cornettoe, which we enjoyed sitting at our car's bonnet. "I really like the last part of this" I said finishing the ice cream early so that I could savour chocolaty part at the end.

"Let's go to the farmhouse" I said. I seriously cannot spoil my mood with his family's drama.

"Cool" He replied jogging to the car.