Chap-32

*Unedited*

Please ignore any mistakes and do not skip the author's note at the end.

Zain's POV

"Hello?" I answered the call without looking at the name.

"Where on earth are you?" The angry voice of my sister filled my ear.

Though the situation is bad, her voice brought a glimpse of happiness in me. At least I didn't fail in being a brother.

"New Delhi, India" I tried to joke. I sat in the couch watching Kashaf sleep. Every passing second broke my heart.

"Wow! I would have never guessed" I could imagine her rolling the eyes. Surely, her pregnancy is getting over her head.

"Why does my sister need me so much?" I tried every mock, every teasing not to annoy her but to distract my bleeding heart. Unfortunately it was fixed at the sleeping figure me. No matter what I couldn't shut the guilt out.

"Well judging by the amount of massages I sent, this sister needed you from past many hours" Came her snide remark.

"I'm honoured" Again, I tried. But all I got was a memory of me and Kashaf having those cute fights and her sarcastic reply, followed by the big amount of guilt. I think it will take its permanent residence in me.

"Get on video call, you idiot" Zara ended the call with a very good goodbye.

Thinking Zara's vibe would distract me, I brought my laptop to chat with her. "Where's Kashaf?" It was the first question she asked me.

"Asleep" I said. My eyes couldn't help but gaze back to Kashaf.

"But I want to say this to both of you" She whined.

"You gotta wait"

"NO!" She huffed out loud.

"Ya Allah! Don't shout" What is Uzair feeding her? She grunted out a inaudible reply.

We talked for a while, from complains of mom feeding her vegies to her plans on returning back to India. My poor ears suffered a lot. Not from her blabbering but from loud voice. For a moment I thought Zara has got the soul of deaf lady who thinks all the other peoples are deaf and shouts out the reply.

"Lower your voice, you will wake Kashaf" Man! She has truly replaced the speakers. I thought waking her favourite bhabhi would silence her, because she won't shut for my sake, but it just backfired me.

"Why? Afraid of your wife?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Nope. She is sick and I think she should be left in peace" The thing which I can hardly give.

"Really? I see you trembling on wife's name"

I rolled my eyes. "That Uzair's department, sister" She scowled back.

But my heart did stopped when I saw her walking towards me. Fragile, broken and lost. That very sight was enough for despising myself till the end. There were some other feelings too which wanted me to kiss away all her pains.

********

Kashaf's POV

"Shh......you'll wake her up"

A very familiar voice fell into my ears, as I stirred from my sleep. There was not a reply but I heard Zain's voice again.

My head was pounding like hell, the aftermath of crying. With that everything Zain said came to me, sadness filling my heart. Am I really a bother? There was a difference this time. He was pleading and apologizing. His words had surely wounded me but his gesture touched my heart.