Chap-11

*Unedited *

He said sorry. I mean he really said sorry. He looked at me for reply but all I managed to give him was a small smile and nod.

He plastered my wound and went. I felt bad that I didn't say atleast one 'okay' to him. Right from the start I wanted him to say sorry. When he actually apologized, I had nothing to say. There was a hurt look on his face.

I sat there looking around for about 15minutes. Finally, I decided to talk with Zain. I walked carefully not hurting my wounded leg, to the place where Zain has went.

"Wow!" It was really beautiful. It was a backyard. The half portion of it had the table and chairs. It was covered with grass and I could see the trees at the end. The other half was even beautiful. There were many small plants. But the one which caught my attention is the roses. I think its the season of roses because they were in full bloom. The red roses under the bright sunlight were just pretty. Near those plants sat Zain.

"This place is so beautiful" I said as I neared Zain.

"Careful, there are stones here" the words just escaped his mouth and my wounded leg rubbed against a sharp stone.

"Oww!" I groan as I made my way and sat next to him. The cold soil felt so good.

"How is it now?" He pointed to the wound.

"Better!"

"Who maintains this place? Its freaking beautiful!" I asked Zain, who looked like he has lost everything in life. Why he is so sullen always? I mentally laughed at my own thought. I say this like I have seen him all my life when the fact is, its only the second day of our marriage.

"Me!" He said.

My eyes widened "You! You maintain all this"

"Yeah, whom did you thought?" There was a big smirk on his face.

"Anyone but not you" I said honestly. He don't seem like a person who loves gardening.

"Actually there's a caretaker who maintains this house and including this garden but he is on holiday now, so I'm maintaining this garden from past few days" he said.

"I must say you did a great job" I said examining the roses behind me.

He smiled, a true one. There was a silence between us like always but this time it was a peaceful one. Both of us lost in our own world until he started speaking "We used to come here a lot when dad was here, especially on weekends. This house has lots of his memories rather than that one" There was so much pain in his words and eyes. Abbu once told me that his dad or should I say my father in law, died in an accident few years back.

"This is my favorite place. Every plant planted here has its own story and so much memories of him" There was tears in his eyes. ZAIN IS CRYING! Ya Allah. I can't see him like this. The bipolar Zain is way more better than this one.

He wiped the tear turning to other side as if he doesn't want me to notice. "That's the place which Zara hates so much" he pointed to a tree house. "Once she had fallen down from it and broken her limb" he laughed.

"Poor Zara! Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"Cause I made her fall" I laughed along with him. "You are so evil" I said.

"Do you like flowers?" He asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah! Who will dislike them?"

"Any specific?"

"Roses and daisies"

"I can't bring you the daisies now but I can give you this" He held a rose. I accepted with a smile. My cheeks turned red. I turned to the other side hiding my blush. Is he the same jerk Zain? Had he ate something? Someone please pinch me.