Chap-4

*Unedited *

He left and the door slammed making a loud noise. A tiny drop of tear rolled down from my eyes which were still fixed at the door. Is this what happens on the first day of marriage?

A day before (mehndi ceremony)

"Shaf, look at your wedding dress," Saba said placing it before me.

Just a look at it made my mouth hang down "Wow...... it is beautiful"

It was not classic red. The top was navy blue and the lehenga was orange with a golden touch and a big red border. The dupatta was pink. I may not be able to describe it adequately but trust me it is so pretty. A dream wedding lehenga for me. I can't wait to wear it.

"How's it beta ?" Abbu asked looking at the lehenga.

"Amazing and the best" I replied smiling continuously.

"Zain will always give you the best, trust me" he hugged me carefully without spoiling the henna.

Soon every girl started to apply henna to their hands, before that Saba designed 'Z' in my palm. She wants me to make zain to find it. Ignore her, she is too filmy.

*******

Finally, my wedding day came. My eyes opened and looked at the clock, it was the time for fajr salah.

After performing my namaz and not forgetting a big dua for my future I went down to ammi's room. As guessed she was reading Quran and abbu was out for the mosque.

"Ammi, I will miss you," I said hugging her from the back.

"What for? And where are you going?" She asked closing the Quran.

"Ammi, my marriage" Don't tell me, she forgot my marriage, I mean her disease is making her forget.

"Sorry it just slipped my mind" she replied with a sad face.

Time to change the topic. Go on Kashaf! "Look at my hand henna's colour has become darker than last night" I placed my head in her lap.

"Darker the colour, deeper will be the love of your husband," she said spreading her hands through my hair.

"Oh! Stop being filmy like Saba" I whined. She laughed followed by a small peck on my forehead.

I'm gonna miss this not because of marriage because they are leaving for London today right after the wedding.

I will miss ammi so much. You know what? I have never slept without her. I have my separate room but how to say...I have never been away from her even for a night, we would always be under the same roof.

There was utter silence, we both were lost in our world. By the end of the day, I will be a married woman Insha Allah. The sound of Abbu interrupted our silence "What are my two beautiful ladies doing?"

"Practising to miss you" I replied.

"Aww....now quit acting and check if your mother has packed all her reports and other necessary items."

I obeyed him and checked for everything. Thanks to Saba, she packed my things or else I would be doing it the whole week.

*******

"Kashaf, eat child," Uzaifa aunty said stuffing a spoonful of pasta in my mouth. "Aunty I'm full" I replied.

"Even a kid will eat more than this" she replied stuffing another spoon. This made Aatifa and Aakifa laugh.

I'm having breakfast now with my whole family. Wait, let me introduce them. First, let's start with my paternal family. Kareem chacha(uncle) along with his wife is present here whose children are the twins-Aatifa and Aakifa, who is two years younger than me. I bet you won't differentiate them without a mole that is present on Aakifa's face.

Jafar chacha, the other brother of Abbu is in London and Naaz phupphi (abbu's sister) is gone for Umrah with her family. Isn't it amazing? I wish Zain would also take me to Mecca. Say Insha Allah soon.

Now time for my maternal family. My grandparents live with Uncle Aziz in Lucknow. As for aunt Uzaifa, you know them. Meet my other uncle Rizwan. He has three children- Toufeeq, Atif and Izhan. Most handsome bachelors. I have booked Toufeeq for Saba. Atif is free anyone can have him. Trust me, he is good in character. As for Izhan, he is seven years old.

"Shaf time to get ready, your Nikah is at 11.30 and there are only 3 hours left. Come on" Saba dragged me to the room.

Before she could say anything I grabbed a towel and went inside the bathroom. I took a long shower humming my favourite song "Galiyaan" from the film "Ek villain". Okay I admit, I'm a bathroom singer.

"Shaaaf!! Hairstylist is here" Saba yelled. I obeyed her and came out, actually, I did it because I finished my business.

*******

I looked in the mirror and found a different and beautiful girl. Lehenga suited me perfectly. The hairstylist did a great job and the makeup which was neither simple nor grand was done by Saba. Does anyone want professional makeup for free? Come to her.

"They are here. But where is your fiancé Kashaf? Aakifa asked looking through the balcony which is attached to my room.

"Idiot he will be at the mosque" Aatifa answered her.

"Go away...sho sho...I want to talk to my daughter" Ammi came in along with my aunts. But the girls didn't listen to her and stayed back.

They gave a long lecture about how to deal will in-laws. How to respect everyone, etc...etc. Trust me it was so boring same as the college lectures.

"Ready beta" Abbu entered " Masha Allah" he kissed my forehead. He brought two of my uncles and a Maulvi along with him which made ammi and other women hide on the balcony.

Maulvi started reciting some verses for Quran. He asked me "Do you Kashaf Ibraheem, daughter of Janab Ibraheem Ahmed accept Zain Usman, Son of Janab Zakir Usman in marriage?"

"Yes, I do!" I replied.

He asked the same question more two times and I answered the same after that, I signed the Nikah Namah.

Abbu gave me the short hug and left along with others for the mosque hiding his tears. I don't know why he is being so emotional?

The girls and women came in and each one engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug. Ya Allah! This lehenga and their hugs will surely suffocate me to death.

Soon we received a call from abbu saying that Zain too accepted.

I'm married and from now I'm gonna be addressed as Mrs Kashaf Zain Usman. Eww...this is weird.

Everyone ends their story on a cliffhanger but I have started it as a cliffhanger. Liked the new concept? Vote and comment for sure.

This chapter was quite boring, but I promise that the next chapter will be super-duper interesting!!!

Wait...Kashaf's wedding lehenga is at the side----->

:)