Chap-31

*Unedited*

Zain's POV

"How about this?" Kashaf held a blue baby onesie with 'I am the boss' printed on it.

"What if it's not the boy?" I folded my arm, waiting for her answer.

"But I really like the caption" She whined.

"We have other colours, mam" The shopkeeper said.

"Please show" Her eyes sparkled as the shopkeeper displayed different choices.

"Do we really need to buy this?" I asked for the hundredth time.

"Yes. It's very important" She nodded with a teasing smile.

We have been shopping for a while and were about to end. But my wife's eyes caught some 'cute things' as she put it. That is why we are at the baby shop. Looking clothes for my upcoming niece/ nephew.

"What about this?" She was holding a white coloured one, which looked better than blue.

"It's good" I replied giving my approval.

"I'll take this with those two" She pointed to the clothes she selected before.

"That's it mam?" The shopkeeper asked. On our "Yes", he proceeded towards the billing counter, with us following behind.

"I can't wait to see the baby" Kashaf spoke with a glint happiness in her voice.

She had been like this since the morning. Her cheerful vibe erased my gloomy self and made my mood to match her. At first I was reluctant to let go of my relaxing Sunday morning. But when she came with those hopeful eyes asking "We are going out today, right?" I couldn't say no.

"And I can't wait to hear mamu (uncle) from my niece"

"Niece? So you confirmed it's a girl?"

"Of course it's a girl. I've have a deep insight on that" I suppressed my laughter to make my face look serious.

"Oh really? Wait till Zara hears that"

"Please.. we have been fighting over this since the day one" I don't mind whether its a girl or boy. What I really mind is annoying Zara. Thanks to Allah, she is thousands of mile away, or else I'll be blue with her beatings. She has a zero tolerance for teasing.

After paying the bill, we went out waiting for the car. I have call the driver but still he is not here. This is why I hate taking driver with me, but today I had to. Because Kashaf still thinks I'm not fit for drving. Alhamdulilah, the pain I used to get whenever I lift my arm has now lessened, but Kashaf still thinks unfit. She got mom at her back and they are really good in forcing things. I have a feeling that they won't let me drive for a decade.

"Are you going to give Zara eidi? She asked.

"Yes. She won't leave me if I don't" Eventually the car came and Kashaf got in whilst I loaded the bags in the trunk. "To the home, Akbar" I said. The driver nodded in response.

"You guys fight a lot"

"Yup" I agreed. "It's all because of her"

She raised her eyebrows. "Really? I heard a different story"

"They are all lies. I'm innocent. See" I batted my eyelashes.

She burst out laughing, burring her face in her hand. "Very innocent" She punched my arm lightly, which was like a touch of feather. For a second, my heart stopped beating.

Watching her like that, felt like all my worries got vanished. It was like we never fought. It surprised me that how easily we could get with each other.