Chap-14

*Unedited *

I slapped him. Yes, I slapped him. Anger, rage, insult, betrayal and everything I had in me poured out. Never in 21 years of my life I have heard such an humiliating comment. Seducing? This is what he thinks of me.

"Stop right there. You have no right to say anything about me" The flame of pure anger was visible in his eyes. "You left me alone in the first night of the wedding, I didn't say anything. Your so called "mood swings" affected me, I ignored. You treated me like a crap these days, I remained silent. But now I won't. You can't judge my character. If you had thought that I would just sit around hearing your insults, then you were wrong Mister. I'm not like that. I hate you. If insulting me was your only interest, why did you even marry me?"

He pulled me against him. His eyes fixed in mine, sending the shivers down me. Fear was evident in me but my anger overruled it. There was one same thing between us and it was an immense hate for each other.

"Feeling is mutual. No its much more" he tone was cold. "Wanna know why I married you? Its cause your father came begging to accept your hand" My eyes widened. What? Abbu would never do such thing. He's lying.

"Don't think that I would spare you for the slap. I will make your life a complete hell every single day that you would regret this moment of slapping me" he came closer that our nose were inches apart. "Countdown begins" with that he pushed me. I stumbled back, thanks to the couch which saved me from falling down.

I composed myself. I won't let him win atleast not after what happend. If he thinks he can make my life hell then I'll make his no less better.  "Here me out Mr. Zain Usman, I'll make your life worse. No, worst. You can't just go away saying something. If this a war, then let the war begin" he gave one intense glare and left. Blow the trumpet, there gonna be a war.

I sat there my back resting on the couch. We fought back many times, of course it was fully because of him but every time he would recover from his mood swings and would become normal. Today its different. I'm having this gut that our fight will last long. Normally, I would have cried at this kind of situation but now I'm afraid. I'm afraid that something terrible will happen.

Apart all this there was a guilt in me. A guilt for slapping him. I know he was a jerk. He never respected me. Today he crossed all his limits. But slapping was not a good choice, right? After all he is my husband. This is bad. I shouldn't have slapped him. If he did wrong by suspecting me then I did the worst thing by slapping. This is not me. Gosh! I'm feeling terrible.

Tears flowed down "Your father came begging, to accept your hand". Was he right? Did Abbu really do it? I bought my knees to chest. I was married to this jerk in almost ten days. I didn't got any proposal from him. I never heard of Zain's dad from Abbu. Does it really mean abbu begged Zain to marry me? Was I a burden to him? Was Zain really forced in this marriage? My life has become a total puzzle. I just need answers.

My phone started ringing. I was not in correct mood to talk but the irritating noise of ringtone made me to answer call.

"Assalamualaikum beta" I had the sudden urge to throw the phone away on hearing that voice. But never in my dream I would do that to my phone. My baby.

"Walaikumassalam Mom" I replied. I don't want to talk to a person who seems to be hiding things from me just like his son. Whenever I took up the matter of Zain's cousins, she would completely ignore it.

"How are you dear?" She asked.

"Alhamdulilah fine & you? How's Zara?" I asked wiping out my tears.