Chapter 10

I froze, trying to process what was happening. I could feel Jake’s lips on mine and his warm arm around me but I still did not believe that he was kissing me. I shouldn’t be letting him kiss me. But that didn’t stop me from sliding my arms around his neck and kissing him back. I felt something vibrate against my leg, it was Jake’s phone. He pulled away and answered it, his eyes on me. I turned and walked back to my room.

     What just happened? I kissed Bella’s ex, and enjoyed it. I pulled on a hoodie and paced around my room. I had to fix this, now. I opened my door and stopped, I could hear Jake talking.

     “She doesn’t know,” he said. “Yes I’m sure, Bella didn’t tell her, but considering what happened today I think she needs to know.” Something crashed to the floor. “I know I can’t tell her but she needs to know. Damn it Sam, she’s been almost killed three times, she needs to know.”

     I slowly closed my door as I heard Jake walk out the front door. He did know what happened, they all did.

     I spent most of the next day avoiding Jake. I know it was childish but I didn’t think I could talk to him without yelling. As soon as Billy got back I left. I didn’t even say bye to Jake.

     The house was empty when I got back to Bella’s. She would be back in a few hours and Charlie must be working. I took my stuff upstairs and paced around my room. Bella knew what was going on and didn’t say anything. I stopped and looked out my door towards her room. When we were little Bella used to have a diary. A diary that she wrote everything in.

     I walked out of my room and into Bella’s. If I were Bella where would I put a diary? I walked over to the table beside her bed and opened the top drawer. Bingo. I picked up the diary and opened it.

     I sank onto Bella’s bed 30 minutes later, to astonished to move. Bella was dating a vampire and I had kissed a werewolf. Oh. My. God. I put the diary back. It didn’t say anything about who had tried to kill me, but I knew where to get the answers now. I walked back to my room and grabbed my keys. The front door opened. Bella was back, she was early. I slowly walked down stairs.

     “Chloe,” Bella hugged me. She looked so happy.

     “Hi, did you have fun?”

     “It was great,” Bella said as Edward walked in caring a suitcase.

     “How’s your mom?” I asked, watching Edward.

     “She’s great; she’d like to see you again.”

     I smiled. What else could I do? Bella, my best friend, was in love with a vampire.

A/N

Sorry I didn't upload yesterday and that this is a really short chapter.

I am going to be going away for the weekend, this is spring break for me, so I won't be posting any more until Monday. Unless I get 10 comments today, then I'll post chapter 11 tomorrow before I leave!!

Tease for next chapter: Chloe + Jacob = drama!

As always thank you so much for the comments and votes!!

Next chapter will be dedicated to whoever comments first!

Vote and comment!!