Chapter 6

Something warm on my face woke me the next morning. The sun was shining, the clouds were finally gone. Maybe it would be a good day, at least there wouldn’t be any Bella-Edward drama.

     I spent all morning helping Billy to clean the kitchen and living room. He insisted I didn’t need to help but it’s not like I had anything else to do. I even cleaned Jacob’s room. Bella had told me money was tight for those living in La Push but I hadn’t realized how tight. Jacob only had one pair of sneakers.

     After helping Billy make lunch I grabbed my jacket and went outside, I couldn’t be inside any longer. My car was parked outside; I grinned and took my sling off, leaving it in my car then headed to the beach.

     I sat down on the warm sand, watching the waves come in. Everything seemed so much simpler here. The most exciting thing that seemed to happen was prom. It would be perfect here if someone hadn’t tried to kill me, twice.

     What was that? I jumped up, looking around, someone was in the woods. Another twig snapped. I sprinted into the forest, not looking behind me. I didn’t need to look back, I knew who it was. She was back. I felt a twig scrap across my cheek but I didn’t stop, if I stopped I would be dead.

     “Hello, Chloe.” I skidded to a stop; she was standing in front of me. How had she gotten in front of me? How did she know my name? “Sending Bella away was smart, if only they knew I wasn’t after her, yet.” I stepped back as she stepped closer. “You can’t run, but this will be more fun if you try.” I felt like a sheep led to the slaughter, would my body even be found? She was in front of me in an instant. How could she move that fast?

     “I’m not going to kill you. Your blood is much too precious to waist.” She hissed, pulling out a knife and a small bottle. “I only need a drop.” She stepped closer, knife in hand. I ran, heading toward a cliff.

     I only made it a few feet before she tackled me to the ground. “Just a drop,” she hissed, pulling the knife blade across my palm. I screamed. The pressure on my back vanished. I scrambled up, feeling my blood drip down my hand, and ran toward the edge off the cliff and jumped.

A/N

Thank you to everyone who is reading! And I am sorry for not posting this on Tuesday but I forgot I had midterms this week so I've been really busy.

Chloe will meet Jacob's friends in the next chapter and get a little closer to the truth.

Chapter 7 will be up on Monday, but if I get 5 comment I'll upload it on Saturday.

Rember to vote and comment!!!