Chapter 9

I glanced around the room, confusion turning into anger. I turned on my heel and walked out, stomping down the steps. I did not like being laughed at.

     “Chloe,” I turned around. The woman that made the cookies was walking towards me. She had a large scar on one side of her face; it looked like a claw mark. “I’m Emily, Sam’s fiancée.” I stared at her for a moment before smiling faintly. She handed me a mug of something hot. “It’s tea,” she explained. “I’m sorry about the way they acted, come back inside. Please.” I nodded and followed her back in, how could I say no to the person who made cookies?

     An hour later I walked back outside, they liked me, apparently because I was nothing like Bella.

     “Ready?” Jacob asked from beside the bike. I looked at him for a moment before nodding. There was something he wasn’t telling me, something important. I needed to know what and I was willing to do anything to find answers. I hopped on the bike sliding my arms around him. He was so warm. I closed my eyes and replayed what happened earlier in my mind as he drove. Bella had to be involved in whatever was going on and base on how everyone was avoiding talking about Edward he probably was to.

     I opened my eyes as the bike started to slow, we were back. Neither of us moved for a moment, I slowly removed my arms from around him. I looked at the back of his head for a few seconds, I had a plan but it could go horribly wrong if I wasn’t careful. I slide off the bike and let my hand rest on his arm as I leaned forward until my lips almost touched his ear.

     “Thanks for the ride.” I saw his grip on the bike tighten. I turned and walked inside. Stage one complete.

     Two hours later I looked into the mirror for the hundredth time. I was only going to get one shot at this. I took a deep breath and studied my outfit one more time, the barely there black shorts and white tank top over my black lace bra should do the trick. If this didn’t work I was going to have a lot of apologizing to do. I grabbed the extra bandages and opened the door, stepping into the hall. I walked into the living room and watched Jacob for a moment. He was standing with his back to me, staring out the window. It was raining, so hard that I could barely see my car.

     “Jake.” I stepped into the room, forcing myself to stay calm. He turned and opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out. I could feel his eyes roaming my body as I moved closer. “Could you change the bandage on my shoulder?”

     He closed his mouth and swallowed hard, “sure.”

     I gave him my best smile and walked over to the couch and sat down with my back to him. I handed him the bandages as he sat down behind me, letting my hand touch his longer than needed. I sat still as he changed the bandages, his hands hot on my bare skin. Maybe this wasn’t the best idea.

     “Done,” he said quietly as he slid his hands down my arms. I could feel my heart start to beat faster. I couldn’t let him have this affect on me. I turned around slowly, his hands still on my arms.

     “Thanks,” I said quietly, my eyes locked on his face.

     “What really happened today?” He asked, his one hand moving to rest on my leg.

     “I…” I looked down then back to him; I was supposed to be manipulating him, not the other way around. “I tripped.”

     “You tripped?” I nodded, nibbling on my lower lip. He took his hand off my leg and ran it through his hair. I moved my hand to his knee as I leaned closer.

     “Thank you.”

     “For what?” He asked, his eyes shifting from my lips to my face and back.

     “For pulling me out of the water, you saved me.” I leaned even closer, pressing my lips to his cheek. “I’m in your debt,” I whispered as I moved away. I stood up before he could react and took a step towards the door.

     “Chloe.” I turned; he was standing right in front of me. Much closer than he should be. His eyes searched my face as he reached out a tucked a strand of hair behind me ear. I stared back into his deep brown eyes and I tried, and failed, to control my heart beat. He looked at me for a few more second before he stepped closer and pressed his lips to mine.

A/N

Thank you for the comments!! If you have any suggestion feel free to tell me! I'm still trying to think of someone to play Chloe.

Bella and Edward will be in the next chapter, also prom is soon!

Chapter 10 will be up on Tuesday, but if I get 10 comments it will be up on Monday!

Remember to vote and comment!

And next chapter will be dedicated to whoever comments first!