Hunted (A Twilight Fanfic)

A/N: This starts right after New Moon ends. Thanks for reading!

Chapter 1

     I looked out the window for the hundredth time. What was the name of the town again? Forks, that’s right. I was on my way to Forks to see Bella. What kind of name is Forks anyway? It’s so odd. I had lived there for the first 7 years of my life and I still didn’t know why it was named Forks. I looked out of the window again; I could see the clouds below. I still couldn’t believe I was doing this. I hadn’t seen Bella in ten years. Yes, we had kept in touch with Christmas cards and recently email. But still, ten years is a long time. I had thought about calling Uncle Charlie, that’s what I called him, though he wasn’t my uncle, and telling him that I had changed my mind. But I hadn’t, I was sitting on a plan on my way to Forks, trying to escape the drama of my parents’ divorce. I knew I couldn’t completely escape it, but being on the other side of the country would at least help.

     I stepped off the plan and looked out the window. Bella wasn’t joking, it hasn‘t changed a bit. Ugh. Now just to get my bags and get to the car. I guess that’s one benefit to having a billionaire for a father, he doesn’t rent you a car, he buys you one.

     Bag, check. Car, check. Keys…Where did I put the keys? At the bottom of my purse, of course. Hopefully Bella will be home, though somehow, I doubt Uncle Charlie told her I was coming.

      Forks Welcomes you, population 3,532. The same sign was there ten years ago. I hoped this is going to be nice though, spending my senior year with Bella. It will be just like old times, before my parents went crazy.

      I couldn’t help but stare as I pulled up to Bell’s house, my house for the next week or until I could find an apartment. It hadn’t changed at all. There was Uncle Charlie’s car and that must be Bella’s truck. Neat color. I parked then got out. My black BMW stuck out like a sore thumb. I knew I should have told my dad to buy a used car.

      Bags in hand I walked towards the door. They should be home, but what if they weren’t? Here goes nothing. I knocked on the door…and waited. Someone was walking toward the door. I jumped slightly as it opened.

     “Uncle Charlie,” I said grinning. He hadn’t changed either.

     " Chloe,” he said, it looked like he might actually smile. “It’s good to see you again. Come in.”

   I walked in and dropped my bag on the floor. Where was Bella?

    “Bella will be back soon, she went out with Edward.” He must have noticed my confused expression. “Edward is her boyfriend.”

     “ Boyfriend? Wow, she never mentioned him.” I’ll have to ask her about that, boyfriends are one thing you don’t keep secrets about. “So does she even know I’m here?” His expression answered my question.

     “No, I thought it would be a nice surprise for her,” he said. I nodded, right. In other words he didn’t know how to tell her that a friend she hadn’t seen for ten years was coming to live with them.

     “Well you can put your things in the guest room, right beside Bella’s.”

     I smiled, “thanks Uncle Charlie.” He nodded and walked back into the living room, he must be watching foot ball. He hadn’t changed a bit. I grabbed my bag and headed up the steps. It was easy to find the room; I’d stayed in it many times when I was little. I dropped my bag on the bed and started unpacking. A silver Volvo pulled up, that must be Bella, and Edward. I guess I get to meet the boyfriend now. I pulled my sweater back on and headed down stairs. I got to the bottom of the steps and froze. No one had noticed me yet so I was free to stare. Bella hadn’t changed at all. Well, except for getting taller. That must be Edward, not what I expected.