Chapter 29

Chloe turned her phone on as she stepped off the plane. She had two messages from Bella, one from Jasper, and three from Jake. She shoved her phone back into her pocket as she walked toward the baggage claim. Aro had said someone would meet her at the airport. Her eyes scanned the people around her as she walked. No one seemed to even notice her, like she was just a shadow passing them. She forced herself to put one foot in front of the other. She could be walking to her death but she had to believe that Aro would keep his word, if she ran they would find her and no one would be able to save her.

“Miss Dune?”

Chloe turned, there was a girl and a boy staring at her. They looked younger than her but something about the way they were looking at her told her that they were much, much older than her. But it was the red color of their eyes that told Chloe they were sent by Aro, and that they were very dangerous. “Yes, I’m Chloe Dune.”

“Follow, now.” The girl spun on her heel and walked toward the door.

The boy grabbed Chloe’s bag out of her hand and walked beside her. Almost daring her to try and run. Chloe followed the girl outside, it was cold and raining but they didn’t seem to mind. There was a black limo waiting for them. Chloe followed the girl in and sat as far from her as possible. She could feel them staring at her but she stared out the window, waiting for them to speak, or try to kill her.

“Out.” The girl ordered as they stopped.

Chloe crawled out, being careful not to get to close to either of them. She silently followed them, looking around as she walked. It looked like the picture she had shown to Jasper. She took a deep breath and followed the girl inside. They seemed to walk forever, down hallways, constantly turning. It was as if they wanted to make sure Chloe would not be able to find her way out. They finally stopped in front of large wood doors. The boy pushed the door open and stepped inside. Chloe glanced at the girl then followed. The door slammed behind them.

“Chloe, come in.”

Chloe slowly walked deeper into the room. She saw three men sitting in high back chairs, the one in the middle stood.

“You look just like your mother,” he said as he walked towards her.

“Aro.” Chloe stared at him for a moment. “What happens now?”

He smiled, “dinner.”

“Dinner?” Chloe asked, glancing around. The boy and girl were blocking the door and a man that she hadn’t noticed before was walking towards her. “Aro,” her eyes flashed to him, “what’s going on?”

“You should know better than to trust vampires, Chloe. That’s how you got in this mess.” He grabbed her arm. “Never trust anyone.” He let her go at stepped back. “Enjoy your meal, Zane.” He glanced at the man that stopped beside him, he had black hair and equally dark eyes. “She’s all yours.”

“What?” Chloe stepped back. “We had a deal, Aro.”

“Run dear, he enjoys a chase,” Aro said, smirking.

Chloe took another step back, Zane took a long step towards her. “You can’t run,” he breath, “but you can try.”

Chloe turned and sprinted for the doors, she was almost there when Zane appeared in front of her. “Not fair,” she gasped out. She tried to run but he grabbed her, sinking his fangs into her neck. The same burning pain flashed through her body. She collapsed to the ground as he screamed, turning to ash.

“Very good.” Aro was standing over her. “I had to make sure that I was right.” He gently touched her cheek. “Jane, Alec, take Chloe to the doctor, we don’t want to lose any of that precious blood.”

Chloe carefully stood up. “He could have killed me.” She snapped at Aro.

“But he didn’t.” Aro smiled. “We are going to be great friends Chloe, great friends.” He stepped back as the boy and girl appeared. Jane and Alec.

“Come,” Jane said.

Chloe took a step forward and would have fallen if Alec hadn’t caught her, she hadn’t felt this weak in a long time. “I’m ok,” she insisted.

“Hold on,” Alec said as she scooped her up in his arms.

Chloe’s eyes slid closed. She could feel something warm on her neck, blood, her blood. She focused on just breathing in and out, trying not to think about her parents, or everyone in Forks. She opened her eyes and she felt Alec put her down, someone was standing over her looking at her neck. The doctor.

“This is going to leave a mark but she’ll be fine. She just needs to rest. Its amazing she‘s not screaming, with the amount of pain she should be experiencing.” He was silent for a moment. “She’s not going to turn, is she? So Aro finally found her, after all his searching. Tell him she will need to rest for a few hours and her neck will hurt but she’ll be back on her feet by morning. Oh, and someone needs to stay with her, incase she starts bleeding again.”

“I will.” Chloe heard, she guessed it was Alec who volunteered.

A/N

Thank you for the votes and comments on the last chapter! I know that this chapter is really short but I go back to school tomorrow and I wanted to get this up, plus the next chapter is going to be kind of intense, so it will be long.

Teaser for next chapter: Alec tells Chloe a secret

Chapter 30 will be up on Friday if I get 10 votes and 10 comments. If not it will be up next Monday.

Next chapter will be dedicated to whoever comments first!

Remember to vote and comment!!