Chapter 33

I didn’t know what to say. I knew that I would see him here but hadn’t planned on seeing him first. He took a step towards me, I pushed the gift I was holding into his hands. “Its for Bella.”

“Chloe,” Jasper stepped outside, closing the door behind him.

I stepped back, “the wedding will start soon, I should get to my seat.” 

“Chloe, stop.” Jasper reached out to touch my arm but stopped. I could feel his eyes locked on the bandage on my wrist.

“I got a tattoo.” I blurted out without thinking. “I have to keep it covered for 24 hours.”

“A tattoo?” He smirked as if me having a tattoo was the most amusing thing ever. “Of what?”

“A bird.” I stepped around him and pulled the door open. I forced myself not to look at him as I walked into the house. I could hear people talking in almost every room. I recognized a few people from school and said hi to them as I made my way into the backyard. I sat down in the last row of chairs and looked around. I could feel people watching me, waiting for me to do something. 

I looked up to find Edward watching me. The seats were almost full now but he was staring at me. It was almost like he was surprised that I was still alive. I forced a smile as the doors opened and Bella walked out. 

The wedding flew by in a blur. The next thing I knew I was following everyone else inside, trying to stay way from anyone who knew me. I didn’t need anyone asking me where I disappeared to or how long I was going to be here for. I slipped up the stairs when no one was watching and ducked into Carlisle’s dark study. All I had to do was come to the wedding and the wedding was over so technically I could leave. So why did I feel obligated to stay? And why was I feeling so dizzy? I closed my eyes and leaned against the door, taking deep breaths.

“It’s from the flying and the blood that was pumped out of you.” A voice said from across the room as my eyes jerked open.

“Jasper,” I whispered. “You should be down stairs,” I said as I flicked the light on. He was sitting on the edge of the desk.

“So should you.” He stood up and took a few steps towards me. “So why aren’t you?”

“I just needed a relax for a few minutes.” I looked up at him. “You should go.”

“And what if I don’t want to?” He asked.

“Don’t.” I said quietly. “Please, Jasper. I can’t do this, I never could.”

“Chloe,” his fingers brushed my cheek. “You’re safe now.”

“But you’re not. Don’t you understand that? I’m dangerous Jasper.” I looked up to meet his eyes. “I’m dangerous,” I whispered. 

“Not to me,” he insisted, leaning closer to me.

“Especially to you.” I slid passed him and walked to the desk. “I shouldn’t have come.” 

“I’m glad you did,” he whispered as his knuckles brushed up my bare back. 

I turned around slowly, feeling his eyes on my face. “I need to go congratulate Bella.”

“It can wait, this can’t,” he whispered as he pulled me closer.

I put my hands on his cold chest to push him away but I couldn’t. Not after everything I’d been through in the last month, everything that I had promised to do. “I missed you,” I said before I could stop myself. 

A smile spread across his face. “I missed you too.”

I stepped back slightly. “I still have to go. We shouldn’t miss the first dance.”

“They wont notice,” Jasper insisted. “But if you want to go, I wont stop you.”

I stared at him, almost wishing he would. I nodded then stepped towards the door. “She’s lucky to have you,” I said before I walked out and closed the door behind me. I took a few deep breaths and walked back down stairs. 

I stood on the edge of the party, watching Bella and Edward dance. They looked so happy but I still felt that Bella was destroying her life. He was a vampire, I knew what vampires were capable of. My eyes traveled through the crowed until a saw a group of boys standing off to the edge. I recognized them instantly. Jake. I stepped back inside as quickly as I could and made my way back to the front door. I looked down at the bandage on my arm, the scabs under it were starting to itch. I jerked the door open and kicked my shoes off, grabbing them as I ran for my car. 

“Leaving already?” A voice from behind me asked. 

I stopped and slowly turned around, prepared to use my shoes as a weapon. 

A/N

Thank you for all the votes and comments on the last chapter! 

The long walk is actually in the next chapter, sorry! Who do you think saw Chloe trying to sneak away?

Chapter 34 will be up on either Wednesday or Friday

Votes and comments are always awesome!