Ch.19

"Why do you want resources?"

Red optics locked onto Jennie in a deadly stare that felt like it could melt her where she stood. "I haven't a reason to supply you with explanations." Megatron's agitated growl replied back. His unsatisfying answer left an irritated look on Jennie's face.

"You have control on most of the energon sources on this planet. So why be a jerk about it and make it worse?" She pressed, staring up at him from the box. He was currently carrying her down the corridor of the Nemesis, traveling down the hall in long strides.

Megatron narrowed his optics, before looking back in front of him as he walked. "Increasing the Autobots' disadvantage provides the Decepticons with the upperhand in the war." He stated matter-of-factly, tone still an aggressive mutter.

Jennie slowly nodded. "Winning the war by being an ass, basically."

"Winning the war by being tactical." He gave the box a small jolt, so she fell onto her injured arm with a yelp. He said no more after that, only provoked a silence that lasted until they entered the medbay. Once past the door, Jennie surveyed the room, which was mainly scary Decepticon tech and tools, that seemed much more menacing than what Ratchet had back at the base. Maybe it was the dim lighting, that always made things intimidating. Breakdown was typing, while Knockout sat on a counter and fussed over his digits. Both looked up as Megatron entered, Breakdown pivoting enough to respectfully acknowledge him, while Knockout cast a lazy look over his way. "I am leaving the human in your hold. We do not have the medical supplies to keep her intact, and I would not like to have to contact the Aubots to treat her, so you will be avoiding injuring her." Megatron placed the box on the counter, near Knockout, who's mouth dropped open  in protest.

"Lord Megatron, surely I don't have time to look after-"

A vicious glare silenced him, and he looked away with a grumble. Megatron set his jaw, looked down at Jennie briefly, before turning on his heel and leaving, the door closing behind his back. "Ugh." Knockout groaned dramatically, before losing all interest in complaining and going back to examining his digits. Breakdown blinked, staring at Jennie momentarily before returning to typing.

"They are fine, Knockout," he rumbled after a few moments, his voice a mix of amusement and irritation.

"Easy for you to say! The polish isn't making them shine as much as it used to! When has that ever happened!" The medic snapped, glaring at his back.

Breakdown glanced over his shoulder at him briefly. "I think your over-exaggerating. Maybe it's because you've put so many coats of it on, you can't tell if it's actually working or not." He offered, raising an optic ridge. "I wouldn't worry about it."

"You never worry about your finish." Knockout huffed, shaking his helm slowly in irritation. "That's the key different between us." Breakdown rolled his optics at that, turning back to the screen. Jennie scoffed. "Shut it," Knockout snapped at her, glaring at her for a moment. "I could drop kick you."

She grinned. "And smear your latest coat of finish?"

Breakdown snorted and gave a small laugh, and an offended look crossed Knockout's face. "And what do you think you're laughing at?" He whined angrily. The wrecker didn't answer, only silenced himself. "You," Knockout turned his helm and glared at Jennie. "Be quiet, or I'll skin you alive."

"As if." She challenged; quite honestly, after seeing Ratchet and being treated, she had upped in confidence and was feeling rather pushy. Being this way wasn't smart, in any way, of course. But that didn't stop her much. "That's too messy for you."

Knockout rolled his optics. "Please, you wouldn't have it in you to even watch what I've done."

"Ratchet told me you tried to decapitate him once." Jennie tilted her head slightly. "That's pretty messed up." Knockout sighed, turning his helm away and examining his digits, but on the opposite servo.

"I could do that to you right now," his servo transformed into a saw, which started with a soft hum, but his voice was lazy and without real motivation. She rolled her eyes.

"Mmhmm."

Knockout transformed his servo back, and went back to his preening and examining, losing interest in the conversation and falling silent. A long silence followed, in which not a word was said by any of them. The only sound was the tapping of Breakdown of the keyboard, which eventually began to drive Jennie insane, listening to it infinitely repeat itself. "Don't you guys do anything? Aren't you like, the one that always sneaks out to mess around?" She spoke up and broke the silence, looking at Knockout. He snorted.

"How would you know about that?"

She shrugged. "Ratchet and I talk... a lot."

"Mm. I do go out on little jaunts quite a bit," Knockout admitted, nodding.

Breakdown murmured, "drive-in theater enthusiast," under his breath, rolling his optics. Knockout glared at him.

"It's not like I actually like any of them," he muttered.

"Heh." His partner scoffed, shaking his helm.

"I'm just going to pretend your not even there anymore." The red medic said in annoyance. Breakdown didn't reply. Jennie sighed, bored, looking around. There were a lot of scary tools out, organized in groups. She recognized some from Ratchet's supply, but most of them were new to her. And most had a more intimidating touch to them that whatever Ratchet had didn't. Ugh, Ratchet... he was probably pretty worried about her. It was nice knowing that there was someone who cares enough to be worried... but that didn't mean this situation was a good one. Ratchet would get her out of this, regardless of how bad it was. He was smart. It would work out.

She hoped.