Ch. 18

Jennie's scream of agony, even in the recording rather than in person, was excruciatingly painful for Ratchet to hear. He winced upon hearing it, dropping his gaze and clenching his servos into fists, refusing to watch the last couple seconds before the screen went black. His charge's cry and Megatron's taunting voice rang in his audio receptors endlessly, viciously tearing at his spark. He gritted his denta and sighed heavily. "What are we going to do." Behind him, the other Autobots and humans looked to Optimus, who exhaled softly and brought his gaze to Ratchet.

"Our only option is to comply, for now, until we can either rescue or bargain for Jennie." He answered evenly, watching the distressed medic with sympathy. "How bad do you think her injury is?"

"I... I don't know..." Ratchet blinked, before releasing his fists and letting his servos fall to the keyboard. He rewinded the recording to the moment before Jennie was harmed, and enhanced the picture, before letting it play again. The scream still ripped his spark without empathy, but now he saw what happened much better. Megatron had punctured her arm... Which, if he wasn't mistaken from what June Darby had lectured him on, without medical treatment, could lead to infections, and tetanus. (Which, he already knew, for the most part) And she had to be bleeding quite a bit... and blood loss without being able to consume the needs of the human body could also be harmful. "I don't know exactly how bad it is, but she needs medical treatment, and if she's going to be with them for a long period of time, she needs resources." He said at last, turning around to face the others.

Optimus nodded slowly, but instead of him, Arcee spoke up. "Is there any way we can convince Megatron to let us treat her and give her said recources?" She asked skeptically, crossing her arms and shifting her weight onto one ped.

"He's a stubborn fragger." Bulkhead muttered.

"We have to, we can't let Jennie get harmed more than she already is!" Ratchet shook his helm angrily, voice raising. "If she isn't helped, she could be-" A servo landed on his shoulder gently. He stopped, turning his helm to look at Optimus, who had moved to stand in front of him.

"Ratchet, I will convince Megatron to allow you to treat her. We will not allow her to be harmed in such ways." He said cooly, keeping his voice soft in attempt to comfort Ratchet, who stared at him in obvious panic but sighed and nodded after a moment.

"Alright." He agreed. "Just... as soon as possible."

"Create a signal the Deceptions will pick up on. I'll handle the rest." Optimus instructed, withdrawing his servo. "And call Nurse Darby, and have her bring the medical supplies you'll need."

That's a lot of blood. That's bad, right? Isn't it bad to be bleeding this much? How do you fix it when your in a glass box with nothing but a bloody jacket? Jennie stared at her arm in alarm, watching the blood soak into her jacket, which was failing as a bandage, and whimpered softly. It throbbed and ached terribly, every movement hurt. And to add to that, she was beginning to feel light headed and shaky, which she assumed to be from her blood loss... between being caught and injured when the school collapsed, and then having that injury ripped open even more, she had lost quite a bit of blood, and that couldn't be good for her... How bad could that be? Could it be fatal? And did the Decepticons even consider what the wound could do to her? Of course not, they're evil. Jennie hugged herself and sighed, careful of her arm. None of the 'Cons had said a word to her after the video was recorded, so she assumed either they weren't aware or they just didn't care.

They did, however, care when something popped up on the monitor screen, and Megatron was summoned to the room immediately. He strode in, gaze immediately fell upon Soundwave and Knockout as he approached. "What is it?"

"The Autobots embedded a message in a high frequency signal. Prime wants to meet." Knockout replied, turning a bit to look at his leader.

Megatron snorted lightly. "I have no reason to comply to such a demand."

"The message says it's in our best interest." The medic offered.

Megatron stepped closer and read the message himself with an unimpressed look, before looking down at Jennie, narrowing his optics. Jennie stared at him, hugging herself a bit tighter. "Hmph." Megatron huffed and looked back at Soundwave. "Did they send coordinates?" The silent mech nodded. "Very well." He straightened up and nodded slowly, one servo reaching out and picking up the glass box, in which Jennie whimpered and shifted as it was lifted.

"Have Starscream bring a squad of eradicons, Soundwave." He ordered.

"Do you think he's coming?" Ratchet asked skeptically.

Optimus glanced around the empty field in which they stood, sighing. "I'm not sure." Ratchet opened his mouth to say something, but as a groundbridge opened before them, and Megatron, Starscream, and about ten eradicons stepped out onto the grassy plain. In Megatron's servo sat a glass box, and in that, was Jennie, clutching her bloody arm. Ratchet tensed, staring at her in alarm.

"Prime." Megatron greeted, as the bridge closed behind him.

Optimus narrowed his optics. "Megatron," he nodded slowly.

"You want me to allow you to treat the human."

"Without her current wounds being treated, they could end up fatal... Thus she'd be useless to you." Ratchet spoke up, tearing his gaze from Jennie and narrowing his optics at Megatron.

Megatron raised an optic ridge. "Is that so? And how do you know I don't want her dead just to play with you Autobots?"

"You would not have anything to gain from letting her perish." Optimus answered evenly. "It's in your best interest to let us treat her."

A moment of silence passed, before Megatron nodded. "Very well. I assume you'll be the one to tend to her," he looked at Ratchet, who nodded. "You will be doing so in your holoform." Ratchet blinked, before slowly nodding, narrowing his optics. "Get to it, then."

"On your guard, Ratchet. Optimus murmured to him quietly, out of the 'Cons' hearing. Ratchet exhaled softly, transforming and activating his holoform, which stepped from his vehicle form, holding a kit. He then approached the Deceptions, admittedly feeling rather intimidated looking up at the lot of them. Megatron chuckled slightly, kneeling and offering a servo. Ratchet stared at him, stopping in his tracks.

"You want to help your pet or not?" The warlord sneered. Ratchet sighed and stepped onto his servo, which placed him in the box. Immediately, Jennie was latched onto his chest, whimpering and crying into his coat. Ratchet couldn't hold back a sigh of relief, and hugged her back, before stepping back and looking her over.

"Jennie..." He murmured as he took her hand, looking at her arm. "Is this it?" She nodded.

"Yeah..."

Ratchet sat her down and began. He cleaned her arm, bandaged it, gave her a tetanus shot, supplied her with some water and a couple painkillers, and a couple sandwiches June had made. When he was done, he pulled her back into a hug, as she buried her face into him and begged him not to go. "We're going to get you out of this..." He whispered gently. "Just wait... alright?" She nodded.

"Just don't take too long... Please."