Mini Chapter: 16

It was dark and cold.

And tight.

Crud, I can barely move.

What happened... where am I?

The Deceptions. Right. She was in the middle of her third class of the day when a wall and the roof was kicked in, trapping her underneath a large wooden support beam and rock... And that's where she lay, looking around in the darkness, covered in dust and dirt, choking on filthy air, and bearing a nasty gash from her knee to her ankle. Ugh. Not fun. She tried to sit up a little, and hit her head on a scratchy rock. Ouch. "Scrap..." She mumbled, rubbing her forehead gingerly. Was it bleeding? She felt around. Nope. Good. She shifted a bit, coughing quietly. She was definitely trapped. Around her, she could feel hear and feel things shifting and scratching...Were there others trapped like she was? Probably... Were they nearby? "H-Hello?" She choked out through the dust. Nothing answered her. Just above her head, she could hear rocks shifting. What was that? Were Decepticons going through the rubble? What if they found her? And why were they at the school in the first place? She chewed on her lower lip nervously. The sound was getting louder... "Hello?" She called again, voice faltering a bit. It was getting hard to breathe... there was no fresh air beneath the rubble. "H-H-ello, anyone...?" She squinted through the darkness, her lungs tightening. She needed to slow her breathing to slow the suffocating process. The sound was now just above her... she could hear muffled voices now, getting closer and closer. A couple rocks shifted, and a crack of light slipped through and cast over her. She looked up, ignoring the dust falling with the shifting. Another rock was gone, and vibrant blue eyes locked into her.

"Miko!"

She recognized Optimus' voice... his holoform reached down and nudged her shoulder. Miko gasped, suddenly able to breath, shifting and sitting up a little. "O-Optimus..." The Prime pushed another large rock out of the way and pulled her out gently, supporting her and taking her weight when he set her down.

"Are you alright?" He asked softly.

Miko nodded, coughing a little, shakily stepping down from the rocks slowly, with Optimus' help. "Yeah... where are the other guys?"

"Jack and Rafael are safe... We haven't found Jennie yet, however." Optimus sighed quietly. "June is here, she'll take care of your leg."

Miko nodded again, limping down, looking around...

Thank Primus they had found her.