Chapter 31

Chapter 31

“Our relationship is suffering tryin’ to give you what I never had

…Teach me how to love…Girl I’m so lost”

-Musiq Soulchid

Peyton

I stared at the ceiling just still taking in what I had done a couple of days ago. I fucked up man, I love that girl and I don’t really blame her for what happened to me.

She kind of did tell me at the last minute but shid you can’t control what people do. Even if she would have told me ahead of time that wouldn’t have stopped this nigga from shooting me, it’s not her fault. I don’t see why people riding her for that shit, it’s fucked up if you ask me.

My mama was trippin’ though, she was acting like a bitch her and Jay mane. I can’t believe she made me break up with Daria though. Mane them tears fell from her eyes and that shit just hit me real hard, I wanted to go after her but I couldn’t.

Believe it or not but we been dating for ten months and she NEVER cried in front of me and when she did the other day I just felt like shit man and I hurt her but it wasn’t intentionally. I think she might have thought it was because she wasn’t picking up the phone when I called. I just wanted to talk to her and see how she was doing.

“Peyton! Damn why won’t you listen to me?!” Jayda said holding Gabrielle. I sighed.

I don’t know what happened between me and Jay but I don’t think I can ever be with her again the way she acting.

“Jay, what’s up?” I said calm.

“I wish you would take her off your mind already…” she said laying in the bed next to me.

I stared at her for a long time. “Did he hit you?” I asked staring at a bruise on her face, it looked like it was disappearing like it had been there for a while.

“What? No….nobody hit me…” she said getting defensive.

What the fuck? All I did was ask a question!

“Where you get that bruise from then?” I asked.

“Peyton I..I…just-“

“Ran into a wall? Hit yourself? Got into a fight? What’s your excuse for why he hitting you?” I said staring at her.

She didn’t say anything, she just stared at the wall rocking Gabrielle.

“…he’s not hitting me okay?”

“Who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself? Cause I’m not stupid, I wasn’t born yesterday. I know damn well if you stupid enough to sit over there laid up with him while he hitting you then you deserve the shit but you bet not let him touch my kid Jay.”

“It was one time! It was an accident! Damn Peyton!!”

“Accident? We argue all the damn Jay like we are now when have I hit you?”

“….I hit him first anyways…”

I shook my head. “You still letting him stay there with you?”

“No…I made him leave.”

She lie so much that she starts believing herself, smh. That’s a damn shame mane. I can’t believe she over there letting him hit on her.

“Why you gotta lie to me Jay? I know you like the back of my hand mane so don’t sit here and try to take up for his ass if he ain’t doing right. You don’t ‘accidently’ hit a female and you don’t take no shit like that from him. If he hitting you why you didn’t tell me mane I love you to death but that shit ain’t right.” I said staring at her and a tear rolled down her cheek.