Chapter 21: Hurt But I'll Be Fine

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters. They all belong to J.K. Rowling.

Chapter Twenty One: Hurt But I'll Be Fine

Lottie's Point of View

McGonagall was staring at me across her office. She was almost smiling, "And then she yells at me and walks from the hall!"

"Dolores, I was there." McGonagall told Umbridge as she finished her rant about me, "I hardly believe she yelled at you, that is how she talks. Loudly. What exactly do you expect me to do?"

"I expect to see more punishment!" Umbridge exclaimed. This was the day after my ... Mine and Alex's final detention, and for some reasons she'd decided to drag McGonagall into the rap for absolutely no reason at all,

"You're High Inquisitor, I thought you could do that."

"There's nothing I can take off her!" Umbridge exclaimed, then her face twisted into a smile. She pointed a finger at me, "You're Colette."

"I'm wh-- Yes. Yes I am."

"You're the Head Girl aren't you?"

"No." McGonagall stood up and pointed her finger at Umbridge, "No. I will see you in front of Dumbledore before you take that away from Lottie."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

McGonagall stared at me across Dumbledore's office. She was almost smiling, "And then she yells at me and walks from the hall!"

"Dolores, I was there." Dumbledore told Umbridge as she finished her rant about me. Again, "I know exactly what happened."

"Then I expect more punishment."

"But in Colette's defence." McGonagall stood up slowly, "You have acted particuarly rash on Mr Potter."

"How is--" Umbridge exhaled deeply, "I have tried to teach that boy not to go around telling lies! I have told him times before! He is simply an insufferable child!"

"Hey." I was turning to stand up, "And I've told you times before that the only person who gets to call H names is me."

"Oh, really?" Umbridge walked slowly across the room, "I don't think you want to be speaking like that to someone of a higher rank than you."

"Well, she is the Head Girl." McGonagall stood in front of me. McGonagall was definitely my favourite professor, even over Lupin. I mean ...

Love you Daddy.

"For now." Umbridge smirked at McGonagall, and then she turned to Dumbledore. I watched the hope drained from her when Dumbledore chuckled,

"We can not strip that title from her. It is magically binded to her for the rest of her time at this castle."

"But!" Umbridge exclaimed, shaking her finger at me again,

"I'm sure as High Inquisitor, you should have already known that, and having already attend Hogwarts." Dumbledore nodded slowly. His eyes flicked to me and they were shining. Good ol' Dumbledore. Umbridge looked frantic, and then stormed from the room. McGonagall, Dumbledore and I were left looking from one to the other,

"Well this is peculiar." I nodded slowly. McGonagall quietly agreed with me, "Well if you'll excuse me, I've got to go feed Alex. But thanks, both of you."

"Is there any reason why you outbursted quite like you did?" McGonagall asked me, returning to her chair,

"If I'm honest," I was talking with my hand waving and gestures again, "I've been doing all this revision with Alex, and all I'm doing is getting rubbish grades. I got a P from Herbology and Potions! And that's rubbish! Because I need at least E's in them! And then Umbridge goes and gives me a D on that stupid essay we had one night to do! And on the same day with H and the Quibbler! I don't even know if I'm rubbish or not at it! Is she being honest or is she being unfair? I don't know! Who ever does?!"