Chapter 9: Unbelievable

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters. They all belong to J.K. Rowling.

Chapter Nine: Unbelievable

Lottie's Point of View

I spent the best part of the next five weekends trying to control Alex's temper tantrums due to Umbridge's rain over the school, as well as clean up the mess Umbridge made whilst she was about the school, "Urgh, another one?"

"What's it say?" I asked, standing next to Alex as she stated up at Filtch who was hammering a notice into the wall,

"'Those wishing to join the inquisitorial squad for extra credit may sign up at the high inquisitors office.'"

"I bet they can." I uttered to myself. Alex took a step backwards, "I suppose I'll have a bunch of Slytherin's to watch as well." I rolled my eyes, "I feel like mother hen."

"You're head girl Lottie, you are mother hen." Alex laughed. She then stopped abruptly and ran off towards the dungeons, "What are you doing with Neville?! Twenty points from Slytherin!"

"Lottie!" I turned to see Hermione, "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow ... tomorrow is Saturday. Oh! It's Hogmeade! Oh right yeah! Erm ... Me and George are ... testing products again."

"Oh! Right!" Hermione looked flustered,

"Oh! No it's nothing like that! It's just testing products and making a mess!"

"O-oh yes, of course!" Hermione stuttered,

"Yes ..." I trailed off,

"Erm ... bye!" Hermione ran off and I waved at her as she went back up to the changing staircases. 'Clip, clop' brought me back from staring at the wall of Umbridge's signs again, and I turned to see her heading towards the courtyard. I tiptoed across the entrance hall and followed her, turning a corner just as she waved her wand and separated a couple. I rolled my eyes and could hear Fred in the back of my head asking me again why people didn't like it. Once Umbridge had moved on, I crept around the corner and flicked my wand pushing them back together,

"Sorry!" I smiled at the girl when she banged her nose, "Now, kiss!" She smiled up at me gratefully as the boy pulled her closer. As I was walking away, he held his thumb high up in the air. I grinned, and skipped along the corridors pulling tie knots wider here and undoing top buttons there. Hogwarts had a uniform, but it wasn't a strict uniform. At the end of the day, we all wore different colours, so no one was the same anyway.

Entering the courtyard, the twins waved me over as they threw a small firework back and forth between each other. I began to smile, then it suddenly extinguished itself. I stopped in my tracks, saw Umbridge smile sweetly, and joined the audience who glared her out of the courtyard. Everyone looked at me, as if they was waiting for what I was going to do. I conjured up another one in my hand, then gently blew it over to the twins. It did a few loops and flips on the way, landing on George's hand who flicked it over to Fred. There was a cheer in the courtyard, so I turned and winked to everyone. I skipped off back into the school to the sound of 'Lottie' being chanted in the courtyard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I dotted the last sentence to my gruelling transfiguration essay. I have finally finished. George groaned and raised his head an inch off the table in the common room, and I nodded at him. He then shot up and was dragging me up to the boy's dormitories, "I can't wait to show you this!"

"I worry for my health!" I grinned as George swung open the door to his dormitory. He pulled me up and pushed me flat onto his bed then dived under it. I frowned as I stared up at the ceiling, wondering what the crazy kid was doing. When I rose up, he was knelt in front of me with a green and a purple sweet,

"Puking pastilles." He stated, "You puke." He held up the green end, "You stop." He held up the purple end,

"You puke, you stop," I repeated, pointing to the green and purple end respectivly,

"No. You puke, you stop." George grinned. I gave out a distressed cry,

"That ... but ... just ... urgh."

"That's my Lot." George ruffled my hair then kissed me. In the next two seconds, I hatched a plan to get me out of testing and into George's mouth. Gross, okay, but you'll love it,

"But George, what if I get sick?" I asked him. He shook his head,

"Fred tried them and they worked fine, don't sweat it."

"But if Fred's tried them, why have I got to?" I pulled myself onto his bed more, "It obviously works."

"Lottie, you can't only test a product once! It might not work for everyone, it might cause a different effect for you! Why do you think we test them so much?" George sat on the bed next to me, "We're reckless, but we're safe."

"Oh really?" I rubbed my leg then laid down, "How safe?"

"Safe enough that if I wasn't sure that you taking this won't be fine, I wouldn't let you do it. I just need to see if it works the same as with Fred."

"You contradicted yourself there." I told George. He rolled his eyes and laid down beside me, "You said it would be fine, but you're not sure if it'll be the same as it was for Fred therefore it might not be safe."

"Oh, shut up." George said plainly pressing his lips back onto mine. Mission accomplished. I grinned at George when he pulled back for a few seconds before returning, giving me short sweet kisses then running his tongue across my bottom lip. I'd be waiting for this since my birthday, it had felt like forever. It felt like we were a couple again. I laced my fingers on George's hair and he pulled himself closer to me. The battle of our tongues continued, and then I felt a pang in my stomach. George pulled back and looked at me worriedly. Then he beamed as I threw up on his jumper,

"Ge--" I tried to begin, then chucked up on his pillow,

"Perfect! Now take this!" He handed me the purple end. I coughed and managed to swallow it. Expecting instant results was too much on my part, and George handed me a bin and moved me onto Fred's bed. Seeing George's awful domestic skills was enough to make me sick, and how much he was struggling made me want to help. And then I spewed up again, so I didn't help.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"And she said take this." Alex handed me a liquid, "And if it hasn't subsided tomorrow, you have to go and see her."

"That isn't going to happen." I told Alex, crawling into my bed. George's counter pastille didn't seem to work, and instead made the vomiting worst. So I got sent to bed, Alex got sent to Madam Pomfrey and the twins took themselves to a disused bathroom to revise their recipe. I swallowed the liqiud, then threw up on my quilt. Alex huffed, but stripped the quilt cover and gave me a quilt from one of the unused beds in our dormitory. She then folded the cover up and took it as well as the empty cup out of the dorm room. I flattened myself out, then stare at the ceiling for a whole two minutes before throwing up into the bucket beside my bed. I continued all night Saturday and majority of Sunday, in which time Alex managed to teach me how to play wizard's chess to an experts level and how to play 'Jingle Bells' on her guitar. Monday morning I was right as rain, happily forgave George the second I saw him and skipped quite perfectly along to Transfiguartion.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"SHE BANNED WHAT?!" Alex yelled, looking up at the wall surrounding the Great Hall doors,

"All Weasley and Weasley products." I read out solemnly,

"Not fucking likely!" Alex shouted, stomping away from the hall, "I'll sort this!"

"Is it just me, or is she cute when she's all angry?" Fred cooed. His eyes then wide, "I said that aloud."

"Look Fred, it's gorgeous that you like Alex; but with your mind and her temper I strongly believe it's going to lead to a kind of national crisis."

"That is never going to happen." Fred confirmed for me. He didn't seem to notice that he hadn't actually ever told me, but he grinned proudly over something and boldly began to follow Alex's tracks. I looked at George, who was looking at me. We shared the same confused face, but followed them anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Wednesday after the lessons had finished, the whole school of students seemed to be flocking to the front courtyard. Me and George had just arrived back from Herbology and were looking around like lost sheep. The blue dot appeared in the crowd and I chased after it, "What's going on?"

"It's Professor Trelawney." Alex said, sounding unusual solemn. I looked up worried to George, who was looking at Fred with raised eyebrows. We crowded around the edge of the courtyard, finding Harry, Hermione and Ron, and watched as Filtch dropped a suitcase in front of Trelawney. She looked up at him and mumbled something I couldn't make out, but Filtch simply grunted at her then took a few steps back. The school doors opened and Umbridge appeared, shutting the doors with a bang and walking across the courtyard,

"She's unbelievable." Fred whispered,

"She won't get rid of Sybil whilst I'm here." Alex mumbled darkly,

"S-s-s-s-s-sixteen years I-I lived a-and taught here. H-Hogwarts is my home!"

"How could anyone stand and watch her like that and not even feel anything?" I whispered to George, refering to Umbridge who was almost smirking,

"Y-You can't do this!" Trelawney said weakly. Umbridge smiled and held up a piece of paper,

"Actually, I can." Umbridge said. Trelawney then blubbered a little, and I ran out into the courtyard to comfort her. Of course, I only did that since I'm head girl ... nothing to do with hating Umbridge. McGonagall came out from the other side of the courtyard to do the same, meeting me in the middle. McGonagall nodded once to me and put her arms around Trelawney as she wiped he nose on her sleeve and sniffled, "Something you'd like to say, dear?" Umbridge asked,

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say!" McGonagall spat. I smirked to myself,

"YOU EVIL TOE RAG! THERE'S A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU!" A yell came from where I'd left everyone else standing. I looked over expecting to see Fred with his hand of the mouth of Alex, but there was no blue dot in the group. Then I see someone moved, and some black hair caught my eye. Oh, she's good. The school doors flew open again, and Dumbledore emerged from the crowd. He walked across the courtyard slowly and looked from me to McGonagall over the top of his glasses,

"Minerva, if you wish to escort Sybil back into the building, I would be most grateful." Dumbledore said calmly. Trelawney's eyes lit up and McGonagall gave me a nod,

"I'll bring your stuff back in Miss." I told her. Trelawney whimpered,

"You're so kind dear, be blessed." She smiled weakly and I nodded once to her. Dumbledore then extended his hand towards the castle, patting Trelawney on the back as she passed him. She thanked him, and was then walked back to the castle by McGonagall. I began to pull Trelawney's trunks together,

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the educational degree number twenty three as in act by the minister--"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You however may not banish them from the grounds." Filtch looked at me with his lip curled, so I stuck my tongue out at him, "That power remains with the headmaster." There was a pause, where Umbridge smirked and then giggled,

"For now." She said sweetly. Dumbledore looked at me,

"Would you like to take them now?" He asked. I nodded smugly and picked up a trunk. Dumbledore then turned around and began to walk back to the castle, "Don't you all have stu--" He stopped mid sentence and paused his walk. His face was full of wonder, "No, only Miss Granger seems to do that ... Please! Return to your dormitories!" He concluded, and continued towards the castle. Harry then began to run after him,

"Professor!"

"Ah Professor Professor!" Alex mocked, walking over to me once the rest of the school began moving back into Hogwarts. She picked up Trelawney's briefcase, "What a creep."

"You know I sometimes don't know why I'm friends with you."

"You have to understand our friendship is practically made up of us insulting each other all the time, but we just love it so much, we just have to stay best friends regardless." She nodded. I shrugged,

"That does sum it up pretty well." The twins then appeared and took a trunk each, Alex morphed her hair back to blue and we hobbled back to the castle, due to the extreme weight of the trunks, and up to the Divination classroom.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"I really don't believe it." Hermione said, pacing in front of the fire in the common room, "She won't let us use magic or anything, and now she's trying to get rid of teachers. I mean, Trelawney is a bit mad but--"

"Nobody deserves to be thrown out." Alex said casually. She was sprawled out in an armchair, with Harry on the floor and Ron asleep on the couch. I kept rising from and falling into the other couch, deciding when to go up to the dorm,

"It's totally barbaric."

"I'm going to agree here." I said as I sat down again,

"We need a teacher."

"But don't--"

"Not her, Alex." Hermione told her bluntly, "A real teacher."

"Oh. Yeah. Of course. How could I be so stupid?" Alex's voice was coated in sarcasm. Hermione glared at Alex,

"Harry. Please." She said, her eyes moving over to him. Harry stared up at Hermione, looking like he was about to either kill her or cry. There was a long pause whilst Harry's eyes focused on the floor in front of him,

"Oh just do it, you insufferably annoying squirt!" I shouted at him. Ron gave a loud snort and shot up straight,

"I agree with Lottie!" He proclaimed. Harry looked from me to Hermione to Alex, who shrugged slowly,

"Better do as he says." She nodded, flapping her foot in the air that was hanging over the edge of the chair. He looked around again, then Harry nodded.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

There was a violent snow storm within the next three days leading up to Saturday, where another Hogsmeade trip was on and a group of us were meeting in the Hog's Head. I had a sense of déjà vu when George pushed me against a tree, but this time he pulled my wool hat over my eyes before he kissed me gently. I giggled when he pulled away, "You're so kooky."

"I'm ginger! We're all kooky!" George replied, placing his arms around my middle. I pulled my hat back so I could see and George was grinning at me. He then buried his face between my scarf and my neck and I felt his warm breath down my back. It sent a shiver through me, and made me giggle again,

"Is your nose cold?" I asked George when I felt him rub it against my shoulder,

"Maybe. Like I'd tell you for you to tell me to go inside." He whispered, then winked at me and kissed me again. We're cute. We're the cutest thing in the whole world. Not to be vain. Of course. A snowball then collided with our faces and we broke apart immediately, glaring at Fred who was dancing about like he was some kind of champion whilst Alex had sat on the ground, making gasping noise and clapping her hands,

"There isn't any wonder no one likes you two!" I shouted to them. Alex rolled onto her front, getting snow all over the front of her jacket. George then took my hand, and we ran across to them,

"Last one there has to buy the lolly pops when the meetings done!" George shouted. He then let go of my hand and ran in front of me,

"Hey!"

"Not a team game!" He called back, running off with Fred on his tail. Alex went from a run to a jog, then walked casually along side me,

"I'm not joking right now, you two are actually perfect. I saved you guys. Come to think of it, I made that. I made you guys. You guys are cute, but I'm the mastermind. I did that." She said, constantly emphasising every I she said. I rolled my eyes,

"And I thought I was vain."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"George, get outta the way!" Alex said, pushing George to the side. She signed her name on the Dumbledore's Army name list, which was under mine, and was followed by the twins,

"Erm, I'm sure Ernie will tell me when the meeting is." A Hufflepuff said, looking at the boy stood behind him,

"Erm ..." Ernie was searching for his words, "If this list was found ... I mean to say ... you said yourself, if Umbridge finds out--"

"You just said this group was the most important thing you'd do this year!" Alex scoffed,

"I ... well, yes, I do believe that. It's just--"

"Ernie, do you really think I'd leave that list lying around?" Hermione said testily,

"No. No, of course not!" Ernie said in a tone slightly less anxious than before.

"For Merlin's sake kid. I'm the head girl, but I still signed it." I huffed. Ernie looked at me, and what looked like fear was in his eyes,

"I ... yes, of course. I'll sign then." Nobody after Ernie raised any objections. Once the last person had signed, Hermione took the parchment back and slipped it carefully into her bag. The biggest part of the group then slowly began to disband and left the Hog's Head. This left me, George, Alex, Fred, Ginny, Neville, Luna, Ron, Hermione and Harry looking around at each other awkwardly,

"It's like we signed a contact." Alex said,

"It is nothing like that, Alex. Be quiet." Hermione told her. It's true. It wasn't anything like that. No. Surely. Alex pulled a face at Hermione's turned head and then she decided it was time she and I left to Honey Dukes whilst Ron finished his butterbeer. We met up with the other eight about fifteen minutes later, and walked back to Hogwarts as a huge clump of Gryffindor ... and one Ravenclaw,

"Now all we need is somewhere to practise." Harry told us as we crossed the bridge to Hogwarts, "The library?"

"I don't think Madam Pince would not appreciate a huge group of us throwing spells about." Hermione critisied Harry immediately,

"The Shrieking Shack?"

"That's way too unsafe Ginny!"

"The forest?"

"Not bloody likely!" Ron scoffed at Alex's idea,

"Well sorry." Alex pulled another face at the back of Ron's head,

"We need somewhere safe. Secure. Somewhere she won't find us." Harry said quietly,

"Well, why not go back to the Hog's Head again?"

"It couldn't store the whole group again!" Alex exclaimed,

"She's ... right. It was hardly big enough today when we was just sitting around, never mind when we're trying to practise jinxes and various stunning spells." Hermione shook her head at me. I shrugged,

"It was only a suggestion."

"Look, over the next few days we can just come up with a couple of ideas each then we can get together in the common room and decide."

"But what about Luna?" Ginny asked,

"Oh no, that's fine. I'm sure you'll inform me if there's anything I need to know." Luna said calmly. Her voice always seemed so dreamy, maybe that's why she is, in fact, a delight to be around. We entered the castle with Harry muttering further to himself, and Alex passed the lollies around before the group disband and we all made off in different directions about the castle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"All student organisations are henceforth disbanded. Any student in noncompliance will be expelled."

"Ha! Doesn't count, we haven't started yet!" Alex laughed as Umbridge's voice echoed around the dungeons when we was walking to Potions. I couldn't even argue with Alex, her point was valid.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"So maybe ... I was just wondering ... if you wanted to--"

"Just tell me Georgie." I smiled as George continued to fumble with his words. We was walking back to the common room after having being walking about the grounds since dinner, just for the heck of it, and he was trying to communicate with me with failing results,

"What if ... I mean would you ... like to--"

"I'd love to go out to dinner with you, yes George." I accepted his offer before he gave it me. George inhaled slowly, then smiled smugly,

"It's a date!" He said happily, then snatched my bag off me and laced his fingers through mine. We continued to walk forward in a comfortable silence, a planning vibe about it. Then George stopped suddenly. The corridor was empty beside us, so luckily we didn't look totally weird. Then George walked backwards and then forwards to my side again. I stared as a door appeared in the wall. I felt George's hand back in mine,

"The Room of Requirement." We said together, then looked at each other,

"It's perfect." I said quietly, looking back to the door, "George, you're an absolute genius!"

"I know!" He grinned, then dropped mine and his bag, picked me up and spun me around in the middle of the hallway. I laughed loudly and tilted my head back, letting the small gusts of wind mess my hair and take the breath from my throat. George then stopped and I threw my head back to face his. He stared deep into my eyes, then kissed me. I felt a fluttering feeling in my stomach, and for the first time there was goosebumps along my arms when George tapped my lip with his tongue. I grinned as I tapped his lip back.

I might be really falling in love with George Weasley.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -