Chapter 25

Note: I cannot believe we got this far! You aren't going to see me for long; I'm only writing two more chapters after this one, and then it's my friends' chapters (three each, I think) and then on to the sequel! I think that, once this is published, we're going to have to delete it as it's not gonna be sold much as people can only read it here for free, so that's not fair on us lol! Anyway, I'd like to say I'm the one that thought Emily everything she knows about food-related swearing; I taught her so damn well didn't I! :D Enjoy ;) Special thanks to Aaron for the Ms Kaila joke :D (only her name’s not actually Ms Kaila, lol! We were bored so we were making jokes about smiling a lot, and then eventually it led to us talking about this rumour from a year ago about our headteacher having had Botox injected :D Lol just read on XD

I grin as I remember the joke that Max made earlier in Maths, and I turn to the two happiest people ever. Lizzie is talking to Joe about something, while Lili smirks in amusement at how smitten Noah’s being, although once in a while glancing down at my iPod which she’s decided to steal again after weeks of leaving it alone. Hah.

I thought they’d be sucking each other’s faces off in public, so I could tell them off and act totally grossed out. Lili and Noah, I mean. Seems like that’s not the case though. Probably because of the baby. Lil’s lost and gained some friends because of it. I feel half-happy, half-annoyed at that one.

Logan is nowhere to be seen, and I shrug as I smile at the others. Evilly. Jokingly. Knowing the two girls are going to be the only ones that may understand this.

“Guess what Max said in Maths today?” I’m nearly bouncing in my seat with excitement at sharing this with the others.

“Oh fudgeness. What did he do now, Gab?” Liz stops her conversation with Joe to ask that question, then she turns back and starts talking to him again as if she didn’t just say something to me.

“Okay so, you know how Ms Kaila always smiles, right? Well, we were like, doing all this crap about probability, algebra, y’know, different topics since our exam is on Monday of next week—“

“Get to the point honey.”

“—well he goes; imagine minding your own business at home, and then Ms Kaila just showing up at your house—which is quite weird seeing as she’d know where you lived—and smiling really brightly and saying ‘heyyy, do you like my Botox?!’” I laugh my ass off at their expressions of utter confusedness, and don’t realise I’m the only one finding this too amusing. So amusing that I’m making lots of people stare at me for too long, obviously thinking I’m a freak.

Liz does get it, because she starts sniggering. Lili doesn’t seem to care as she grins down at my iPod and ignored Noah, who turned back to speaking to her after shooting me a ‘you’re mental’ look. Joe exchanges looks with Max, who’s sat on another table grinning at me. He’s so totally proud that I’ve actually found one of his jokes funny enough to tell the world.

“Oh well fine then, be like that,” I growl then, and it’s the first time I see Noah smirking slightly at my mood change. That guy pisses me off more than Chase sometimes.

Not that I’m actually going to ever tell him that. He’ll kill me if I do.

Lili throws me my iPod, and I begin reading.  I scowl at the first ten words.

‘When my mummy told me that I was a boy…well, it was a bit of a shock! But when your mummy told me you were a boy, I was prepared for it!’

Charming.

--

“Sing.” Logan orders, shoving one of the microphones in Noah’s chest.