Chapter 5 - Lizzie

Hello again! You’ll be happy to hear (I hope) that Alex, Em and I sat down today and planned out all the chapters for this story :D We’re sorry to say that there will NOT be a sequel to this story but we all hope you enjoy just this story. :) Anyway, here’s Chapter 5 in Lizzie’s POV!

I walk to class with Gabby and Lili after form, still gaping at Gabby. I still can’t believe what she’s done seconds ago. I’m guessing this is one of Lili’s most eventful birthdays; seeing her friend slapping the guy we have thought was good looking; mainly just to tease her but still.

“You just slapped Chase!” I say for the 5th time, as if I’m still trying to tell myself that it actually happened, and I’m not just imagining my best friend hitting an older student. I crack up laughing, earning a few weird looks in the process. “Did you see his face?! He looked kinda hot though. Then again, he always does!”

I turn so that I’m walking backwards, before I look at Lili with a small smile. “We should be leaving all the Chase stuff behind now, so, happy birthday, Lili!” I scream, hugging the girl. “Guess what! You’re having a party tonight, thanks to me and Gabby! Don’t you love us?”

Lili rolls her eyes but I can see the smile threatening to widen on her lips. She obviously does love us, for taking the time to plan a party for her fifteenth birthday party. “Yeah, course I do. How the hell did you keep this from me? You two are usually rubbish at keeping secrets.”

“Hey!” Gabby says, her jaw dropping, sounding quite offended, “We are not that bad at- oh if you think about it...we did kinda spill those five secrets you had when you last confided in  us…so yup I guess that’s true; we do suck at keeping secrets!”

I smirk, “We just used code words so you had no idea what was happening. That’s the best way of spilling a secret, keeping a secret, and confusing people all at the same time! So technically we didn’t really keep the secret; we actually were speaking about it for a few months, but we just didn’t tell you what we actually meant.”

We walk into class, seeing them all kind of bored, and Gabby and I stand up at the front, even though we know that the teacher isn’t all too happy with what it is we’re saying. I wave my hands in the air to get them all to shut up, and when their eyes are fixed on us, I grab a pencil and hold it to my mouth, as if it’s a microphone. Gabby nods at me, as if telling me to get on with it because the teacher actually looks more annoyed than ever right now.

“So as you all probably know, if you’re good friends, that is, today it’s Lili Dunce’s birthday! She’s turning fifteen! So how about we all sing happy birthday to her! She’s officially older than half the boys in this class! I bet you’re annoyed by that…” I stick my tongue out at the boys, who simply roll their eyes. Even so, the class erupts in an off-key version of ‘Happy Birthday’, and the people that were actually nice enough to remember it was their friend and classmate’s birthday, handed her a few birthday gifts. Nothing too special, we realised, seeing as they were going to give her the proper presents at the party later tonight.

Nothing interesting—unless you count medical ethics as being interesting—really happens(okay, so maybe except that one time when one of our classmates cracked a joke and had the whole class in stitches for ten minutes straight) until break, when we’re, for once, hanging out by to the school gates, where no one usually does unless they’re really bored or they’re trying to escape school by climbing the gates. I don’t think that is possible to be honest, seeing as the site team members’ office is first on the left when you enter the first building of the school, and even if there aren’t any students exactly beside the gates, they are in the view of many.

“Lili!”

“Is that...” Gabriela trails off as if she can’t believe that the voice might belong to who she thinks it belongs to, as she squints at the figure striding towards us, grinning widely at us afterwards as if her thoughts have been confirmed.