Chapter 6! :D

• Dedicated to Phoebe Joyce(inator) and Alex Couldyouwannapancake

A/N - SO hey! :D This is short, and crap I know, but it's sorta a filla so Alex can do the party scene next! :D It's in the plan. Anyway...a heads up. Noah's messages are just in bold and Lili's are in Bold and italic, a bit like this author's note....Check out the song, it's the one they sing at the start of the chapter. :D We don't actually do music, but it's also not my fifteenth birthday tonight! :D So...yeah! :D

Love you guys, picture of Noah over there soon! :D ---->

Chapter 6:

“And now presenting, the one and only, Lizzie, Lili and Gabby’s band, Girl’s like Boys.” Our music teacher shouts, waving for us to come up on stage.

I laugh at our lame excuse of a band name as we make our way up onto the stage, really just because we’re doing a cover of Boy’s Like Girls, we decided to switch their name around. We’re definitely not the most creative music students here.

“Okay, so hi guys.” Lizzie says, and I know that’s the extent of what’s she’s going to say to the class. In front of crowds, she’s not the most talkative person.

“We’re Girl’s like Boys.” A few of the boys in our class shout in encouragement, I nudge Lizzie when I see Joe waving at her through the tiny window in the classroom door.

“And we’re doing a cover of ‘Five minutes to midnight’. We hope you enjoy.” I finish, nodding towards the music guy, so sue me, I don’t know his name.

As the song starts to blast out of the speakers, Gabby steps forward first, leaning in so her mouths close to the microphone.

“Brown eyes and lungs are filled up with smoke, fast lives are stuck in the undertoe, but you know the places I wanna go.”

“Cause oh, oh, oh,” Lizzie sings, and I mentally laugh at how ironic it is Joe’s stood outside the door listening. “I've got a sickness, you've got the cure, you've got the spunk I've been looking for, and I've got a plan we walk out the door.”

“No you wanna just let go, it’s time to roll down the windows, sing it oh, oh, oh, yeah all we need, so here we go.” I sing as I take in adrenaline of singing on stage with an audience. It’s one of my favourite things to do.

I look at my left to smile at Gabby, and then to my right to smile at Lizzie, just before we all step up and literally shout the lyrics for the chorus into the microphone.

“Turn it up, It's five minutes to midnight, you're coming home with me tonight, I can't get enough, shaking me up, turn it up alright, at five minutes to midnight, you see our name in city lights, we'll make the clock stop, make your heart drop, and come alive...”

By the time we’ve finished the song, the bells already gone. Luckily its lunch and we don’t have worry about rushing to class and getting detention, today that’s something I just don’t need.

“So the party starts at eight, right?” I ask, as I grab my Ipod out of my pocket and hand Gabby one of the earphones. In the corner of my eye I notice Liz grab her phone from her bag. “I don’t want to be late, or anything.”

“If anyone’s going to be late, it’ll be me, and the parties at my house.” Gabby says, smirking at Liz as she screams over the newest One Direction comment on Twitter.

“I’m officially fifteen.” I jump up and down on the spot, causing Liz to stare at me like I’m crazy. “Just one year separates me and Noah now.”

“Isn’t he seventeen in like, a few months?” Gabby asks, but even you can see the humour of my little outburst in her eyes.

“Yeah, sometime later in the year I think.” I contemplate.

I turn to look at Lizzie just in time to see her smile at her phone, and one name springs to mind, the only name that makes her smile like that. Joe.

“Joe’s decided to come to the party then?” Gabby asks, obviously thinking the same thing as me.

“Yeah, so has Logan.”

“I can’t believe Noah’s coming.” I say, smiling at myself. We’d only really had a proper conversation yesterday.

“I don’t think he’s ever shut up when someone’s told him too, until you did this morning.” Liz says, slipping her phone into her blazer before sorting through the change that now occupies her hand.

“That was just crazy.” Gabby agrees.

“What was crazy was Colton’s apology.” I suggest, not wanting to talk about Noah anymore. Just the anticipation of seeing him tonight’s killing me.

“I know, what do you think that’s about?” Liz says. “I could set Joe on him, I’m sure Logan will join.”

“And we all know Noah’s always looking for a fight.” Gabby adds.

“Hey!” I shout, but even I know it’s true.

“Just because you’re going to get married and live in a tiny apartment with a cradle, doesn’t mean what we’re saying isn’t true.” Liz explains.

“Can I use your phone?” I ask referencing to the tiny little device caught in both her hands like a life ring.

“Sure. Why?”

“Well, Noah’s excluded right? Meaning, he’s most probably at home grounded, and what else do you when you’re grounded but...” I finish suggestively.

“Facebook.” Gabby and Liz both say at the same time. I nod and smile at them, glancing down at the phone as I type in my Facebook password.

“Like I said, Facebook is the only thing one does with one’s exclusion time.” I smile as I click to start an instant messaging conversation with Noah.

How’s exclusion treating you?

“I’m going to find Logan; I hope he has his board. He told me he’ll show me this new move he learnt yesterday...” Gabby says, stopping when she notices me and Liz both laughing at what she’s said.

“Oh, I get it; can’t you guys be mature for a minute?”

How’s the floor treating you?

“I’m going to find Joe, see if he’s definitely coming tonight, Lil, you coming?”

“Just one second...”

Sorry, needed for boy duties, see you tonight...x

“And I’m done.” I say, holding out my hand so Gabby can help me stand. I’m not having a repeat of subway and losing my balance, again.

“Oh, you’re done.” Gabby says, mischievously smiling at me.

I’m too excited about my party tonight to care about her double meaning.

A/N - Sorry it's so rubbish! :D Love you guys!

Emily x