The Modern Marvels Of Tomorrow

Steve's POV

"I don't see what the problem is. You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know, there's three and a half million women here." I sigh frustrated.

"Well, I'd settle for just one." I reply with satisfaction and Bucky begins to pull out his evil grin.

  "Good thing I took care of that." Bucky waves out his hand to 2 fair maidens not far away. They come up to greet Bucky, squealing in excitement, giving me the odd eye in recognition. As one of them drag Bucky towards one of the exhibit.

"What did you tell her about me?" I ask worriedly as I jog to catch up.

"Only the good stuff." He smiles as music from the stage starts playing.

"Ladies and gentleman, Mr Howard Stark. " The hostess brings our attention to the stage. As I look at the man whom Danny had left 7 years ago because of a secret she couldn't bear to live with. EVER. He walks on stage and kisses the lady before waving at the audience. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, what if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all."  A group of ladies, probably helpers, come out and take off the wheels on the car in front. 

"Yes. Thanks, Mandy. With Stark robotic reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that." He walks over to press a switch on his machine and suddenly the car starts to hover. Suddenly, the car starts to make some funny noise.

" Holy cow!" Howard jumps back in surprise of his own invention. THUD! The car falls on the stage, smoke flying from the hood of the car. I look to find my 'date' edging closer to Bucky's side, trying to avoid me as much as possible. I choose this time to sneak out before Bucky looks back to find me again. As I push through the crowd, I swear I could see Danny standing there in the moonlight with a comfy dress and brown... slippers? Yep, I was hallucinating. Without her noticing me, I quickly rush in front of her before heading to the recruitment center not far.

 Without her noticing me, I quickly rush in front of her before heading to the recruitment center not far

Bucky's POV

As the car crashes back on stage, I can't help but feel a little bit puzzled. The future was coming so fast. Was there even gonna be a future left for me? Or would the war kill me before I could see it come to life? 

"I did say a few years didn't I?" The girls and I chuckle at his words. I turn to find Steve had fled the scene. As Howard starts to pack up, I quickly farewell the girls.

"We'll see you some time soon, won't we?" She bats her eyelashes in my face and internally I cringe. My main plan was to ask Danny to come with us and then it would have just been us 3, but since she declined, I went to Plan B.

"Yea, sure." 'Not really.' I walk to the back of the crowd and I swear I can see Danny standing not far from me, gazing onto the now smoky stage. As I walk closer to the girl, Howard beats me to it and starts to talk to her, in which she delivers him a hard slap to the face, stomping away frustrated. 

  "Danny, wait!"  

I quickly jog my way up to catch up to her before she had disappeared.